• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How well do you use your free time?

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
..::This thread idea has been brought to you by the wonderful brain of Bliss::..

When you have a spare two hours, do you find that you use it to your satisfaction, or do you feel like you're not getting enough out of it?

For myself, sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough during my free time. I have lots of it now, but I still feel sometimes that I'm wasting it and not taking advantage. Like sometimes, I'll sleep past 8 in the morning. That to me always feels like a waste and that there's better things I could be doing. Or sometimes I spend too much of it watching TV. To me, I consider myself to have spent my free time well if I have some end product to show for it. Maybe a song, a picture, a craft, an object or a piece of writing that I can say I completed and was productive in creating.

What about yourselves? What do you have to have done in order to consider your free time well spent?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I barely get any free time these days due to homework and other commitments but when I do have free time, I play PS3 or watch a movie.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
A wasted time for me is when I stay home, watching TV or navigating the internet. If I don't go out with friends/gym/run/shopping ... then anything other than that is a waste of time to me lol.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I don't spend my time well enough. I should start a hobby or something. At the minute I feel as though I sleep, eat and breathe GF. I don't mind it as I enjoy it and to be honest it's because I don't have any money to spare. Everything I enjoy doing costs money.
I go out with my boyfriend/family/friends often enough but after a long day at work I enjoy the company of my boyfriend and laptop haha.
My boyfriend and I are waiting for a game to come out which we're going to play together. We used to game together a lot and I miss it.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Terrible time waster. I sit and chat and click around the computer aimlessly and watch videos about completely random things just because I don't want to do anything else. But I don't really mind because at least I know exactly where I am in life and my main goal at the moment is to do well in school, so if I can accomplish that this coming year then I'm happy. It's not like I'm wasting my whole life away or anything. And I see my friends a lot (since I live with several of them) so it's not like I need to get out of the house a ton and do stuff just to socialize. And I go to the gym about 5 times a week when I'm in that routine, and town a couple times a week, out for the night maybe once a week. It's just all the time in between I'm really lazy. No hobbies at the moment.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I waste time way more than I'd like too.

It's even worse these days because I work so much that by the time I get home I am so tired that I just want to sit around and do nothing. There are times where I'm motivated to move I suppose but they have been few and far between lately.

Work has been rough lately but I've tried to get out and do more lately. Hopefully I can keep that up and also get some stuff done around the house.

Stacey

Registered Member
I always use my free time on the laptop tbh. I think I use it well and make the most of it because that's my favourite thing to do. :)

2010Dolby

Registered Member
Im a massive time waster. Up until about 3 weeks ago I was working 7 days a week. I was always tired but had a big feeling of accomplishment. I get 2 days off of work a week now and I feel like an unproductive loser lol I usually just go out into my woodworking shop and fiddle with scraps getting ideas for new projects.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Spare time is best used, for me, to recharge. It's either a nap, or lying in bed watching a good show, or just sitting by the window having a drink and reflecting about life. I need these pause moments where it doesn't take much effort or I'm just spoiling myself a bit before I go on hyper mode again. I wouldn't call eating a free time because eating is an activity for me that has more involvement than simply stuffing food in my mouth.