• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How well do you remember lyrics?

Elanor

Registered Member
Are you able to remember lyrics? Or do you need the song playing as you sing?

For me it depends on the type of music and the song. I also need the song playing as I attempt to sing. Tribute by Tenacious D I can sing all the way through word for word, no mumbling :D
Most of the time though I end up mumbling, singing the chorus and then going back to mumbling.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Depends on the song. Certain songs I can bust off a whole verse without anything playing in the background. Others I remember as the actual artist is singing them. Country and rock songs seem to be the easiest to remember. But I definitely have a shitton of rap verses memorized.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Depends on how many times I've heard the song, typically I need to hear the song playing to be able to sing along with the lyrics. Some songs that I know really well, I can sing with no music, but I would probably get stuck or confused somewhere along the way. :lol:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm fantastic at remembering lyrics. I just need to listen to a song 10-15 times and I'll have most of the lyrics down. If there's a song that I've listened to for a long time I can almost always remember the lyrics five or ten years down the road without ever hearing the song again.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Only the songs I love, or stupidly overplayed ones on the radio. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard something awful and can't stop singing it.

I can still sing all of the old Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park stuff. Cringe!

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
It depends on the song, and how much I like it. That said, even with songs I truly love I still have to try and remember the music or the beat to get the lyrics. I can't usually remember any lyrics without the music to jog my memory.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I tend to remember lyrics more than who the singer or what the song is called. I download music and put it to play but I never know who I am listening to and it's really frustrating when I hear the song on the radio and I sing along full lyrics but got no clue who it is.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Yeah, I can remember them ok most of the time. I just need to hear it for a few times and I've got it down.

However, these days most of the time when I listen to music, it's just background noise and I don't really pay attention that much.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm terrible at picking up lyrics without actually looking them up somewhere, so I don't remember them well at all. That said, I'm definitely more into the instrumental aspect of music than I am vocals.

Bcatz3

Registered Member
When it comes to country music I have a thing for being able to remember the lyrics but any other genre and I can't. It also depends on how much I listen to the song.