how well do you perform under stress?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bball4life, Aug 17, 2008.

1. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

do you normally crack under pressure, or do you perform better under stress?

i have a few friends who claim that, in stressfull positions, they perform better than normal. Personally I crack under pressure and normally fail.

how about everyone else?

2. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

Depends on the situation for me,i have never been good at taking tests,under that kind of pressure yeah i crack,but i have worked in pubs and clubs where all hell has broke loose and everyone has wanted to kick everyone else's head in and i have not lost my composure,but that was a long time ago,dont no if the stress of that kind would get to me now.hope i never find out!.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I handle stress pretty well so I guess I perform better than others in stressful situations. However, there are times I cannot control my stress levels and when that happens...I'm effed.

4. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Stress doesn't make me fall apart, like if I have a deadline or something I can work under pressure. I don't really like working that way but I can do it if I have to. It does effect my mood while I'm working though, if I'm stressed and have things to do I can lose my patience with people.

5. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I do think I might actually perform better in stressful situations. You don't have any time to think, you just act, and that adrenaline sort of sharpens your senses. In more relaxed settings I usually don't care as much, and then might not try as hard to do well.

6. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I don't....

Seriously, I'm not good at anything when under pressure except for running. ;)

7. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I handle stress well

8. troubl3dmind

troubl3dmind Registered Member

When I played baseball I always threw better when the game was close, or I was under pressure. Same with hitting. If the game is close, bases loaded, it's easier to get a hit. Your body is pumping so much adrenaline that it just goes on autopilot I guess.

9. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

Depends... if like a video game score is on the line, I usually fold, but if it is something serious like a near accident, or important job to do, I'm on point and sharper then ever, sometimes I feel possessed even.

10. Tainted_Glory

Tainted_Glory Not a Scientologist

If I'm under stress and there's obviously no way I'll win, I think clearly enough to try some damage control. And on tests, stress doesn't affect me.