• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How to stop aging and oily skin?

Keri35

Registered Member
I swear the older I get, the worse my skin gets. My chin and forehead are so oily. My skin has been breaking out often.

What gives and how do I combat it?

Sophia

Registered Member
Oh my! I have the opposite problem. The older I get the dryer I get. I have to keep several bottles of lotion on hand at all times. Have you tried an astringent before you put moisturizer on? That may help.

NellyBell

Registered Member
Hormones are usually to blame for changes in your skin. Or, changes in habits. Like touching your skin with dirty hands too often or not changing your pillowcases enough. Those are two things I changed in my daily life that have helped my oily skin clear up a lot. I also did some research and found that using things that are for dry skin, things that seem wrong to put on oily skin, actually help because it tells your body that it doesn't need to keep producing an excess of oil.

Keri35

Registered Member
I don't touch my face often and I change my sheets weekly. I wish it was this easy to stop the breakouts.
Only my forehead and chin are oily, the rest of my skin is dry. It's super crazy!

NellyBell

Registered Member
Sometimes it is but I guess not this time. Is your nose dry too? Just wondering if it's a T-zone thing or something else.

Either way, you could try CeraVeHyrdrating Cleanser. It's for normal to dry skin so it will help your dry spots and it's also been helping my oily spots too. So maybe it'd work for you too?

Keri35

Registered Member
I do use Cera Ve moisturizer so I'll try this cleanser. I also think I'll stop eating chocolate for a bit.

Does stress cause acne? I'm super stressed at work.

NellyBell

Registered Member
Haha, chocolate can definitely be a culprit which is very unfortunate. Stress absolutely causes acne. So that could easily be it, too. That's a little bit harder to control though. Any chance you can have some work taken off your plate?

Impaired

Registered Member
Stop aging? I prefer to continue living, thanks.