How to make a million dollars

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Mirage, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Ok, for some reason everybody seems to have a goal in life of making one million dollars. (As if it's impossible to do..)

Well, it's actually much easier than everybody makes it sound. Have you ever heard the answer to the famous question "How do you eat an elephant?"

Well the answer is "One bite at a time." The same goes for making a million dollars. And to be honest all you really need is $1 to start. Am I going to start explaining a PayPal pyramid scam? Of course not. But seriously, it's all one big game of profit vs. expenses. If you can buy something for $1 and then sell it for $2, that's a 100% profit, and a 200% increase of your original money.

Now you might be a pessimist and try to argue that it's hard to sell something for twice as much as you paid for it, but seriously it's not as hard as it seems. Sure a $40,000 car won't sell for $80,000, but what about a tube of chap-stick? I've seen single tubes of chap-stick priced anywhere between 80 cents and $2.00.

Will you make a million dollars selling chap-stick? Probably not. But somebody did. Could you? You better believe it. Are there faster ways? Sure. Are there faster ways with little or no risk? They are not as common.

The biggest problem with people wishing they had a million dollars is that people generally wish for things they don't ever plan on getting. Anybody can dream of having a million dollars, but why waste your time dreaming when you could be spending your time selling chap stick on the street corner. That is a bit of an extreme analogy, but if you take the concept and run with it there's no telling what you might end up doing.

:D

2. wazupdoc

wazupdoc Registered Member

That is so true. I'm finally reaching a point in my life where I'm taking ideas I've had for a long time and setting the wheels in motion to manifest them in a real and tangible way. Will I make a million? I suppose anything is possible. Truth be told, I'm aiming for a few...

3. luvcamerasnic

luvcamerasnic New Member

Most of us will have made a million or more in our lifetime, we just waste it all on unneccessary things and never see it accumulate.

4. mraph33

mraph33 New Member

Yeah....on things like food, clothing and a house.

5. george07

george07 New Member

okey...i see, but i will not try to sell cheap stick.

6. Shazwi

Shazwi Registered Member

then that shld not be a million dollars...cos those are just necessities...So what if im a millionaire and i dont own a house and a car and food and clothes...no point

7. shinobi

shinobi New Member

if you want to make 1 million dollars become smarter and go on who wants to be a millionaire

8. Mirage

There is a big difference between MAKING a million dollars and WINNING a million dollars. ;)

9. shinobi

shinobi New Member

but you would still make it by wining it by making yourself smarter

10. Mirage

Not really. People who win the money on that show win because they know trivia, not because they are smart. ;)