How to get revenge on your parents?

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by WhatIsAUserName, Oct 29, 2006.

1. They've been f****** pissin me off for the last, oh ten or so years of my life, and I can't take it any more. Every weekend, I've been forced to tag along as they go to church, friend's houses, restaurants, and all I want to do is stay home and actually get a break for once. This Sunday, we were stuck in traffic for four hours since my parents decided to drive all the way down to Oakland, and I have so much homework. So I start telling them we should have left earlier, and they go ranting on how I "was supposed to have done all my homework yesterday, blah, blah, blah."

Guess what? Yesterday, I only had three hours to do anything, and I spent them on the computer. Why? Cause every other day of the week, I'm usually doing homework, and I barely sneak in the Internet. So when I finally get a break on the one day of the week, they drag me to one of their friend's houses, where I spend the whole day staring at the wall (they didn't even have television). And after playing for, yeah, three hours, they go ranting on how I need to get off since I was playing "their PS2" on "their TV." Well, I bought my PS2 with my own hard earned money (well, mostly gifts), and the TV was free. They have no right to say a fuckin word. And half the money I've ever earned/received, they stole it. Why? In their words "Cause we're your parents, so deal with it."

I'm just so fuckin' pissed off right now. I want to get revenge, but I'm not going to do anything brash. I'm just going to take my time. . . :mad:

The ways to get back at them will take a long amount of time. For example, they really want grandkids. Since my sister isn't too fond of them, if my wife isn't either, I'm not going to continue the family line. That'll be torture for them. I am going to be willing to change my last name, if that's what it' s going to take. Another thing would be to have no contact with them at all.

For the rest of high school, I don't intend to do anything. But once college starts (in a couple of years), I have to start thinking.

Any comments? Don't have to be about revenge though.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013

2. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

I would suggest NOT getting revenge. Family is something which is a huge benefit to have throughout life, even if it may seem like a bad thing right now. You're only like 15 or 16, and you're going through something a lot of people go through at that age, and really the only solution to it is to try and make the best of it, learn how your parents think and try to make compromises with them.

Try bringing it up some time when it isn't a direct issue and when you and them aren't in a bad mood or anything, and talk it over with them, find out why they feel they have to take you with them to their friends houses (don't they trust you at home by yourself?), and see if you can work it out with them so that you don't need to do that... or if you know why they do it, tell us so we can try to help you address it directly.

Now this seems like a fairly serious issue. What do you mean they stole it? Often, parents set up a savings account for their kid and make the kid put a certain percentage of their money in it, because they want to instill good savings practices and things. Is that what they're doing, where they're just putting your money away for you, but at some point when you're older and more mature you'll have access to it again? Or are they actually just taking it and using it for themselves, never to be seen by you again (I think that might be illegal)?

3. Well, it's not really a lot of money, but every so often, they "borrow" five or six dollars, sometimes in front of my face. I guess I can't really prove it's money I earned by myself, and, 9 out of 10 times, it was probably their money originally, so yeah, I guess I can't say anything there. But to tell the truth, over the course of my whole life, it probably has never amounted to more than fifty dollars, which they may actually have returned most of (I don't keep track of my money). I guess it's not the problem of money then, but the fact that they'll do it in front of my face (maybe I need a piggy bank, the cash is just lying on my desk). So to be honest, they might not be stealing my money. But if they only asked, that would solve the problem.

The reason they drag me all over the place isn't that they don't trust me, it's that they think I need to get out more and meet "new people," which are their friends, and whom I don't meet again till, like, a month later. And they're religious fundies, so that's why I have to go to church (but that's a whole different story, I won't go there).

4. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Talk to them some time when it's not directly an issue, and tell them how you feel about it. Then also start keeping better track of your money and don't leave it around.

I'll bet if you started getting out and meeting up with friends and things, they wouldn't drag you along on weekends. It sounds like you spend a lot of time doing homework, but if you were to set up meeting with people to hang out on the weekends, and you told your parents that you were going to do that, they probably wouldn't force you to meet their friends instead of your own.

5. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Wow, I'm not going to pull my punches, so hold on to your seat. You're acting like a two year old throwing a tantrum because he didn't get his way. You know what, get over it. Like it or not your parents are in charge and they're doing what they feel they need to do. So you got stuck in a car and didn't have the time to get your homework done. You made the choice the day before to mess around on the computer instead of getting your work done. Life's about prioritizing, and you put screwing around in front of work. You have no one to blame but yourself. There's enough in life really worth complaining about that makes this stuff all the more petty and drab. Instead of deciding to punish them by not having children in your future, why don't you just hold your breath and stomp your feet for a while.

Hoosier.

6. Yeah, call it a tantrum, call it a release of "negative energy." And it also happens to be the first time in half a decade that I was genuinely pissed. Okay, I spent the only three or four free hours of pretty much the entire week on the computer. Good for me, that's the only break I got that entire weekend. Do you think most of my time is spent online? Well it isn't. So, it retrospect, it was the "bad decision" if you want to stoop to the level of my parents.

They're doing what they're doing with a smile knowing it's getting me angry, and they enjoy every minute of it so they can pull off a "we're doing what needs to be done" rant. So it they're getting their kicks out of this, then they should enjoy it while it lasts.

7. lavoidgaskins

lavoidgaskins Registered Member

From what I have read I can easily say that you need to sit down and talk with them. I know first hand how annoying parents can be as I'm sure just about every one else is. How ever you don't want to move out when your of age hating your parents. See what they have to say about these things and come back to us with the results (if any).