• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How to entertain cats when they're stuck alone?

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
For as aloof and independent as cats are said to be, we have four love bugs that are dying for constant attention. Is there anything we can do to keep them entertained while we're at work? It doesn't happen that often, but when work is hectic, the cats end up alone for thirteen hours or more. It's a problem for them. We leave dry food out all the time and dole out the wet food as soon as possible, but we seem to have a stressed/bored eater among our crew.

Carmelita

Registered Member
Do you have a cat tree for them to play in? Build or buy an extreme place for them to go and investigate. It gives them something to do and a place to hide out if that is what they are looking for at the time. Place some catnip hidden in the tree and they will love it. Maybe this could help your brood.

Keri35

Registered Member
My cat tends to get grumpy when she is left alone for long periods of time. I would say the best way to fix this would be to have someone pop in to check on them if you are going to be out for long periods of time.

Also get them cat toys.

Pepper

Registered Member
My cat tends to get grumpy when she is left alone for long periods of time. I would say the best way to fix this would be to have someone pop in to check on them if you are going to be out for long periods of time.

Also get them cat toys.
I agree. It would be a good idea if you asked your neighbor or a friend to check on them every once in a while when you're gone for too long. My cat also hates being alone, but fortunately, I don't live alone. So there's always someone at home.