• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How to defeat hate

dDave

V.I.P.
Here's a really cool video that I saw today. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just really resonated with me. You sort of get this sense that they're doing it so right.

WATCH: Virginia college students prove why love is the best response to hate – Glenn Beck

This is the way that I've tried to live my life. It may not always appear that way but that's the truth.

Sort of reminds me of MLK and how he would not condone violence.

Thoughts?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Here's a really cool video that I saw today. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just really resonated with me. You sort of get this sense that they're doing it so right.

WATCH: Virginia college students prove why love is the best response to hate – Glenn Beck

This is the way that I've tried to live my life. It may not always appear that way but that's the truth.

Sort of reminds me of MLK and how he would not condone violence.

Thoughts?
I must admit that is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I don't see that approach working against ISIS, but every little bit counts. :D

- Chameleon

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
An interesting video but I don't think it really counts as 'defeating' hate, as the hate still exists and, in many cases, would be incited and inflamed by defiance. After all, hate wishes to breed more hate because misery loves company, as they say.

That said, I love this kind of community thing. I remember watching a video for "free hugs" and it just put a big smile on my face.