how to catch my friend out?

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by -Innocent-, Feb 15, 2009.

1. -Innocent-

-Innocent- Registered Member

Hi guys,

I have a male friend who is always claiming to be having sex with different girls and kissing different girls the whole time. However, I have never seen him talking to any of these girls on Facebook, a social networking site, and I have never actually SEEN him with any of these girls. He is at a different college in a different city, but that doesnt mean there can't be any evidence at all of it. There must be some evidence, if he is telling the truth. However, I suspect he is lying...and he has been known to tell lies before, even to his closest friends.

So, what I'm asking is this: HOW CAN I CATCH HIM OUT?
    Any ideas/techniques of catching him out?

Thank you for any help!!!!

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Why would you want to? If he is lying then why would you want to "catch him out" and embarass him like that? Maybe he has reasons for lying about it. Perhaps he thinks it'll make him look good to his friends or something. Many young people say things like that to impress their friends because they think it's "cool".
    If he is telling the truth then you're the one who will look stupid.

ancredelamour likes this.
  3. -Innocent-

I want to because he is a close friend of mine and I want to know if he really is lying. He makes up a lot of facts...for example, recently he claimed Guinness, a popular beer in the UK, has vitamins in it, which it doesnt. And he claimed that brown rats live for only 6 days, which they don't etc...
    I want to know if it doesn't stop there...I want to know if he lies about bigger issues. Because if he does, then my relationship with him will change...I cannot have a good friendship with someone who tells me lies like that.

4. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

I think you have enough evidence to know that you can't trust what he says. Confronting him with proof will likely not solve anything.

Just out of curiosity, are you the same -Innocent- that I knew from ENA?

5. -Innocent-

I probably do...I know...but it's just I want evidence for this particular issue...just to absolutely confirm it all.... ah...its frustrating.

And yes, I was -=Innocent=- from ENA!! But I got banned because I made a joke about one of the moderators and they don't tolerate humour over there...
    What's your ENA username then?

6. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

I don't know, I think the Guinness and rat things are enough to hang him on. I've had friends (and a girlfriend) like that; I just let what they say go in one ear and out the other.

-=Innocent=-, that's it! I thought so, based on your good English and the distinctive name framing. You'll find that things are a little more chill around here. That 'avman' in particular, he's one tight-assed sumbitch, ain't he? Not only did he ban me over a rule I didn't break, but then he shit-talked me in two separate threads when he knew I couldn't respond, the scurvy tool.

I'll tell you my ENA handle(s) when you get your PM after a few more posts, as I don't want certain people tracking me from there to here via Google. For now I'll just say that I was the guy behind the Wishing Well thread. Welcome to GF!

7. -Innocent-

yeah, thats what im doing right now with him. im letting it go in one and out the other. but im starting to get fed up of it because hes constantly boasting about this sexual exploit or other.

I know. It's a big problem with this world. People have just gotta learn to chill out in life and have fun. People like avman are sad power tripping losers. They need to smoke some weed and chill out and learn to enjoy life. Anyway, ENA can f*** off for now. If I could hack websites, I'd hack ENA and take em down...the mutha f***as.

Also, I cant remember the wishing well thread....

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  8. aunt_penny

aunt_penny New Member

If you're fed up why not just lose him? You can't fix him or change him. You could tell him why you choose to end the friendship. This will be hard to do without appearing to be self-righteous.

9. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Alright, -Innocent-, first off: there is not necessarily evidence. You would be suprised how easily it is to hide your activities when you are cities away. Frankly, even if he is lying about this I don't think it proves anything on his character. It's not like he's telling you a distinctive lie to your face. There could be many reasons why he'd do this:

1) If you're a girl he's hoping to make you jealous because he likes you
    2) He feels insecure at his new college, but doesn't want to admit it.
    3) All his friends at his college go to parties and get trashed while he studies.
    4) *insert about a million other reasons*

None of these are lies I'd worry about. Frankly, this is what a lot of guys do. It shouldn't stop you two from being friends, especially, if you are "close" friends like you said you were.