"How to Beat Your Wife" Aired on Saudi TV

thealigator

Registered Member
I couldn't watch this whole thing. I stopped at roughly a minute and a half because it was making me so angry. This "person" is scum. No more, no less. What makes it worse is he is using religion as a reason for this. I tell you what mate? You wanna beat on your wife? Fine*, but the fucking balls to take responsibility for what you are doing instead of claiming your God has said it's okay! Fuck, what an absolute moron! /and calm

People likes this give others who live in this country such a bad name. He is representative of what I hope is a small percentage but by doing this he is making the rest of world believe this is what every man is or should be doing.

* For the record I do not advocate the beating of women in any scenario, it was more me trying to say if you want to do at least have some conviction.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
You have to remember this is Saudi Arabia. Women can't do much of anything there without their husbands permission. Heaven forbid should they go out without covering from head to toe. I hope someday that changes.

thealigator

Registered Member
You are correct. In many ways SA is still a very brutal border line medieval civilisation. I remember some years ago Formula 1 drivers did not want to participate in the Bahrain race due to human rights atrocities and also fear of safety for everyone concerned. The race did however go ahead after the head of Formula 1 stated that Formula 1 and things of this nature had nothing to do with one another and that they should be in no way interconnected. A lot of people disagreed with this myself included but then we are talking about the all might buck here and the buck stops with the all might dollar.

I do remember hearing on a podcast something rather interesting that also revolted me. I have always used the phrase "rule of thumb" in my everyday language without truly understanding what this phrase meant. It is somewhat of a dark spot on my vocabulary. What this is apparently from however is:

"The 'rule of thumb' has been said to derive from the belief that English law allowed a man to beat his wife with a stick so long as it is was no thicker than his thumb."

How truthful this is unclear but it makes me sad to think that at one stage this ever seen as acceptable in England.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't worry about political correctness. Too much of it stifles free speech. Many people still say that with no thought of beating their wife or being beaten by their husband.

Saudi Arabia may be the worst of the lot but other ME countries are still pretty bad when it comes to women's rights.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They are slowly changing. Now women can drive. Haven't been keep up with it much lately but this new guy said something about women shouldn't have to have a male relative with them when they go out. Now I don't know if they are doing that as of yet.

Impaired

Registered Member
Laws still on the books in the USA:

In Los Angeles, CA a man may legally beat his wife with a leather strap, as long as it is less than two inches wide, or she gives him permission to use a wider strap.

In Jasper, AL, it is illegal for a husband to beat his wife with a stick larger in diameter than his thumb.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Laws still on the books in the USA:

In Los Angeles, CA a man may legally beat his wife with a leather strap, as long as it is less than two inches wide, or she gives him permission to use a wider strap.

In Jasper, AL, it is illegal for a husband to beat his wife with a stick larger in diameter than his thumb.
There are some pretty dumb laws still on the books that need to be removed.