• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How to avoid stepping in cat vomit

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is gross, but it happens all the time. All growing up, I’d accidentally step in our dogs vomit on the carpet because I didn’t see it.

Now I don’t have any dogs but I sort of adopted a cat through marriage.

And guess what?

Every once in a while I’ll be walking from one room to another... as I often do... 🤨

And suddenly I felt a familiar warmth between my toes.

Yes, I walk barefoot in my house sometimes.

And honestly socks are almost worse because they go right in the trash after that. I’m not dealing with that, haha.

Most people I mention this to say it has never happened to them. And hey I can’t even count all the times it’s happened to me. WHY!? 😱

Anyway, if you have pets, does this happen to you? Have you learned tricks to avoid it?

This seems simple, but all I can bring to the table is “Do a better job of looking where you’re gong.”

But that’s challenging to do while texting. 😤

dDave

V.I.P.
The worst is when you step in a pile of cold dog barf. Not to be graphic but sometimes you can still see the individual chunks of dog food they obviously didn't chew at all. It's bad when it's warm, it's worse when it's cold. If you're home alone you suddenly have to crawl/limp to the nearest cleaning supplies since now you can't walk. It's just the worst.

Impaired

Registered Member
If you have an animal . . .

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
This is gross, but it happens all the time. All growing up, I’d accidentally step in our dogs vomit on the carpet because I didn’t see it.

Now I don’t have any dogs but I sort of adopted a cat through marriage.

And guess what?

Every once in a while I’ll be walking from one room to another... as I often do... 🤨

And suddenly I felt a familiar warmth between my toes.

Yes, I walk barefoot in my house sometimes.

And honestly socks are almost worse because they go right in the trash after that. I’m not dealing with that, haha.

Most people I mention this to say it has never happened to them. And hey I can’t even count all the times it’s happened to me. WHY!? 😱

Anyway, if you have pets, does this happen to you? Have you learned tricks to avoid it?

This seems simple, but all I can bring to the table is “Do a better job of looking where you’re gong.”

But that’s challenging to do while texting. 😤
The solution I feel is to find out what is making your pets sick. Certain houseplants that animals are attracted to can be toxic to them, certain cleaning products can leave a sweet or salty tasting residue that cats or dogs can be attracted to, and people food left out can sometimes be a problem. I've had many pets through the years, most often cats, and I don't even recall ever seeing one of them hurl. Keep an eye on kitty and observe his/her activities. If you can wing it, get a nanny cam going to spy on your pet to find out what he or she is getting into that is making them sick. If your cat is throwing up due to stubborn hairballs, you can brush them often to get rid of loose hair to reduce or eliminate the problem.

Is your cat and indoor or outdoor cat?

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
When I was a child back in the 1980's, I had a pet dog for about a year or so.

But after he pooped inside my parent's house more than once, my parents wouldn't let him inside the house anymore. Instead, we made a nice area for him to live in inside a barn in our back yard. And I'd play with the dog outside in our yard.