• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How Settings Influence Instruments

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
So I'm writing a paper on how different settings can influence how people see instruments and players. I picked the guitar cause that's one of the more common instruments out there. You might think of a guitarist as a professional if you see him playing at a big concert hall, but you might think a guy playing at a bar is somehow less successful or less skilled.

If the guy at the bar is suddenly playing in the concert hall, you might find yourself thinking he's a lot better than before, maybe because of the complex lighting and sound systems etc.

I'm interested in knowing how you think a setting might affect perception on an instrument and its player and how an instrument/player could affect his/her setting.