How serious do you take Sports?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well like the thread says. How serious do you take Sports? Please explain your answer.

I take sports very seriously, if it's either watching it on television/live or playing it. I cannot stand my team losing it takes me a day or two to get over it, come playoff time it takes me a little longer then that. Most likely a week to get over a series lost.

If I'm playing then I usually get really upset if we lose, and if someone does an error or mistake I get mad, if I do a mistake then I get mad at myself really bad.

All in all I take sports really serioulsly.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
It disappoints me when the team I root for is having a great season and messes up in the playoffs. coughMAVScough But if I know that my team isn't that great to begin with, then I won't be angry if they lose.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like watching them and like seeing my teams win but I'm not going to yell and scream at the TV if it's not happening.

I suppose if I was betting on a game I'd be more into it but I've never bet on sports.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
See I am the total opposite, I yell at the television, I throw my hat if I'm wearing one. I do everything you can think of. I'm that serious about it. I know my team won't win every game, but I hate it when they lose, especially when it's the playoffs.

When the Raptors got eliminated from the playoffs last season, I was watching the game at a bar, and when they lost the last game I punched a wall, I was that mad.

Last edited:

padd

Registered Member
I'm a habs fan, when i see them loose or get scored on i swear in 3 langauges and break stuff
losing it takes me a day or two to get over it, come playoff time it takes me a little longer then that. Most likely a week to get over a series lost.
i still can't get over the fact we blew a big lead over carolina in 2002

if it's not hockey then i get pissed when things dont go my way if im playing hockey in reality.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I take the Ravens pretty seriously and the Orioles with a grain of salt. It depends, I guess. I can see why people can take their sports seriously, especially college ones.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
It also depends on who is playing. If I'm watching a game with fans of the other team in the room then I'll be a lot more into it. It's no fun when your team loses and there are people watching it with you ready to rub it in your face.

redsoxocd

living on the border
I take sports maybe too seriously especially when it comes to the red sox and bruins. I scream at the t.v. and if my team loses a big game I end up flipping out on other people. I cry.

Its really bad when the Red Sox going into losing streaks...not a good time to talk to me because I will flip out at the littlest thing. They pretty much effect my mood.

Sometimes people will just be joking around with me adn make a comment about the sox or yankees and i automatically get fired up and begin ranting for like 20 minutes until somebody calms me down.

If I'm playing sports and lose, I'm usually a bit upset at myself for an hour or so. Once I eat, I'll go into a better mood and back to my usual self.

If I'm watching some sports on TV, I don't really care who wins or loses. No biggie. Just hope everybody is healthy once it ends. ^.^;

DLFerguson

Registered Member
I'm a casual sports watcher. I like watching The Mets and Yankees play but if they lose it doesn't really bother me. Those cats make too much money for me to get upset over them losing.

Football I'll only watch with friends of mine as I don't understand that sport at all and I need them to explain to me what's happening. I watch basketball depending on my mood. I enjoy watching tennis as well.