How prone to fighting are you?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
If somebody tried to start a fight with you, would you fight back or try to avoid the person and move on with your business?

Let's say you are in the following scenarios. What would you do for each?

1. Somebody throws a fast food cup at you. It's full of whatever they were drinking and soaks you, ruins your clothes, etc.

2. Somebody pushes you into the street as you wait for the cross walk to turn green. You check if it was an accident and sure enough somebody is smirking behind you. "Wanna go?", they ask.

3. You are waiting in line at a busy red light in broad daylight. Somebody walks up to your car and keys a big gash on the hood and then runs off.

4. You are walking along and somebody trips you on purpose.

5. Somebody walks up to you and punches you square in the nose.

6. Somebody squeezes a ketchup packet onto your shirt from the floor above the hotel lobby. You are in the lobby.

7. Somebody walks up to your table at the mall food court and grabs your burger and walks off.

8. The person in front of you at a checkout line takes an item out of your shopping cart while you aren't looking. When you look up you notice they are buying it. Let's say this was a special sale item from a big sale, or the first sale of a new product. Like when Xbox 360 first came out and you waited in line for hours.

9. Somebody takes a black marker and draws a line on the back of your neck while you wait in line at the movies.

10. While at the movies, the people behind you keep kicking your chair. It's obvious that they are messing with you because they are laughing and saying things like "Do it again man".
So, what would you do in each situation above? Assume for each that the perpetrator is around your same size, give or take, so you COULD fight them if you wanted to.

Last edited:

Hiei

The Hierophant
1. Somebody throws a fast food cup at you. It's full of whatever they were drinking and soaks you, ruins your clothes, etc.
Funny story about this. A few years ago, I was driving around with my one ex and we were going down a hill after getting some shakes at Burger King or something. There's this fat kid walking up the hill and I wail my shake at him. Smacked him square in his gigantic chest. He didn't seem very happy about it. And that's probably what I'd do. Just be not very happy about it then realize that there's absolutely nothing that I could do. Unless they weren't going anywhere quickly. Then I'd throw something at them.

2. Somebody pushes you into the street as you wait for the cross walk to turn green. You check if it was an accident and sure enough somebody is smirking behind you. "Wanna go?", they ask.
The "wanna go" part would make me flip shit. I'd probably lash out at them someway.

3. You are waiting in line at a busy red light in broad daylight. Somebody walks up to your car and keys a big gash on the hood and then runs off.
I'd run the red light and run them over with my car until I felt that my point was clear. Don't fuck with my car.

I'd fall. Then I'd pick myself up and get all hussy fussy. Then push them.

That's literally asking for a fight. I'd fight back. Hopefully my nose wouldn't be broken and my eyes tearing up too badly to see.

6. Somebody squeezes a ketchup packet onto your shirt from the floor above the hotel lobby. You are in the lobby.
I'd scream up at them using most of the expletives that I know.

7. Somebody walks up to your table at the mall food court and grabs your burger and walks off.
I'd run after my burger and spear the person that stole my precious. Then I'd grab my burger, take a bite over them, kick them in the head, and walk off.

8. The person in front of you at a checkout line takes an item out of your shopping cart while you aren't looking. When you look up you notice they are buying it. Let's say this was a special sale item from a big sale, or the first sale of a new product. Like when Xbox 360 first came out and you waited in line for hours.
First off, I'd notice if someone took something out of my cart. Especially if it were a special sale like that. I'd be guarding that item like it was a brick of gold. I can't even imagine what I'd do if they did gank it from me.

9. Somebody takes a black marker and draws a line on the back of your neck while you wait in line at the movies.
I'd feel the back of my neck but in all honesty, I doubt I'd realize they drew a black line on my neck unless someone told me. No physical conflict.

10. While at the movies, the people behind you keep kicking your chair. It's obvious that they are messing with you because they are laughing and saying things like "Do it again man".
I'd turn around, look the punk square in the face, and calmly explain to him that if he did it again, I'd stab his fucking eyes out.

But I'm not a very stable person.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Contrary to the popular belief I would not pull a gun in each of these situations.

In this situation I'd probably get a full description of the guy, and call the cops. If that was the only aggression, I'd walk away and let the cops deal with it. If he wanted to start something, I'd defend myself accordingly.

I'd probably tell them to go fuck themselves, and carry on. If they wanna continue, I'd probably taze them at most to defend myself.

Again not worth it, call the cops and follow the perps.

I'd be pretty pissed, but I'm not drawing first blood. I'd probably blurt a profanity or two... if they wanna push it... again... I'd defend myself accordingly.

This is probably the only case I'd draw my gun and ask them to stand down. At this point they are causing me physical bodily harm. I would be justified in doing so.

Call the cops, hotel management. Not worth it at this point.

I'd get up and get it from them. If they want an altercation, I'd taze them.

I'd tell the cashier as she was ringing it up and get management involved. If the person decided to be belligerent about it I'd ignore him unless he got physical, at which point I'd respond accordingly based on his level of aggression.

I'd probably turn around and humiliate them right there in public. I'd have management throw them out or call the police for harassment.

I'd turn around and tell them to piss off/Stop. If they want to start an altercation then I can resolve it quickly just like previous altercations.

The main thing is never fight back, ask them to stop or leave you alone. If they wish to continue, you can defend yourself accordingly.

I'd probably just stand in shock for a few seconds and then be like "what the hell!" I wouldn't take it too seriously and cause a scene, though.

"no thanks" and walk away.

I would be angry but there's nothing I can do since they ran away. I would probably just immediately start thinking of ways to explain that one to my parents lol.

I would just look back and them and not react, turn around and keep walking, that's if they didn't initiate some kind of delightful conversation of course.

Say something like "shit, what are you playing at?!" and depends what they say next as to what I'd do. There is no way I would start fighting them or something haha.

Run to the nearest toilet and clean myself up as best I could.

I wouldn't do anything. Not worth the hassle.

I would go up to them and see what's up. If they didn't give it back I'd maybe call assistance. It's not like I can wrestle it off them!

That's so random :lol: errm I'd grab the marker off them and draw on their FACE.

Ignore and wait for them to get bored. If they didn't stop any time soon I'd move seats (just a few down) and give them an evil stare haha.

So as you can see, I avoid confrontation like the plague :lol: I'll stick up for what I believe in, but when it comes to sticking up for myself I'm pretty nonchalant and try my best not to appear phased. Now, if it was my friend that one of these senarios happened to whilst I was with her, it would be a totally different story!

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Interesting thread...

1. They're definitely getting something thrown back at them if not a punch to the face.

2. No not worth it, I'd definitely like to but I wouldn't because it's in public and a lot of people would be watching I'm assuming.

3. I would put them in a banana split wrestling move and then call the cops.

4. Meh whatever, it'd make me mad but it's not worth it. I actually do my fair share of tripping people on purpose :lol: (only people I know of course)

5. That would make me really mad, they would get something really painful for that.

6. They'd get a good yelling at (I'd likely go find them)

7. This is where tripping people on purpose comes in very handy. ;) Then of course there's punching them as well.

8. I would tell the cashier and if they didn't do anything I would talk to the manager and be a very unsatisfied.

9. :lol: that's not ever worth fighting for.

10. If the theater wasn't full I'd move to another seat that already had somebody behind it. If the theater was full then I would simply turn around and tell them that if they didn't stop that I was getting security.

I think I gave pretty accurate answers for each scenario.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
I wouldn't be very happy, but I do believe that I'd be thinking more about what to do about getting cleaned up than about getting revenge on the person who did it.

I'd walk away, fast.

Can't say what I'd do in this case... Probably cuss at them as I drive off. =P

That is if I drove and had a car. XD

I'd just get up and move on.

I wouldn't take it too personally... I've always been picked on. I haven't been tripped, but still it's not a big deal.

I'd just have to wonder why they did that... It wouldn't be good. But I still wouldn't fight back.

My answer to this is the same as the first one: I'd be thinking more about cleaning up, than having my revenge on the person who did it.

I don't eat burgers...

Ok, fine. I'll answer it as if I did. I wouldn't be happy, but I'd get over it. Nothing to get too angry about.

There's a simple solution to this... if it were even a big enough to deal. I'd tell the cashier that it was my item (while the person is still checking out.) and if they questioned me, I'm sure they would have it on tape.

I'd wonder how they would manage to do that. They'd have to first get beyond my hair, and I would surely notice them doing that before they could get away with it.

I'd get up and go sit somewhere else.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
1. Somebody throws a fast food cup at you. It's full of whatever they were drinking and soaks you, ruins your [COLOR=#ff0000 !important][COLOR=#ff0000 !important]clothes[/COLOR][/COLOR], etc.

I wouldn't start a fight, but i'd definately be throwing something back, preferably a scalding hot liquid. This did happen to me once at a bar, but it was a friend. I waited until he''d gotten himself another drink then grabbed it and soaked him with it

I'd fight them...I mean they were asking for it...literally.

If I saw where they ran off to, i'd follow them in my car, if not i'd leave it. That's what insurance is for right?

I'd swear a curse, but probably wouldn't start a fight.

I would definately hit them back. I can't see how someone could take physical abuse and not, but I guess that's just me.

6. Somebody squeezes a ketchup packet onto your [COLOR=#ff0000 !important][COLOR=#ff0000 !important]shirt[/COLOR][/COLOR] from the floor above the [COLOR=#ff0000 !important][COLOR=#ff0000 !important]hotel[/COLOR][/COLOR] lobby. You are in the lobby.

Probably swear and curse, but it's nothing to get in a fight about.

I'd just run after them and grab it back. If they started something after that then i'd fight back

I'd kick up a fuss somehow, but doubt i'd start a fight. Unless it was the last in the shop.

Doubt this would happen as my hair would be in the way

Turn around and throw something at them (I always get skittles at the movies...hurts more than popcorn when throw if you throw them hard enough :lol:)

wolfheart

Registered Member
Somebody throws a fast food cup at you, full with whatever they were drinking, ruining your clothes.

I would not be to happy about it, but have had it happen on the doors so would more than likely just be a bit pissed and give them an earfull of abuse.

Somebody pushes you into the street as you wait for the cross walk to turn green, you check to see if it was an accident and sure enough somebody is smirking behind you,"wanna go" they ask.

I would move away from them,on a good day.
On a bad day I would tell them they are playing a dangerous game, if they continued they would get an elbow to the nose, and I would carry on my way.

You are waiting at a red light,when someone keys your car and runs off.

Not much I could do about that one.

You are walking along and someone trips you up on purpose.

I would simply look at them for a couple of seconds and then carry on my way, if they have not tried anything in those seconds let them be.

Somebody walks up and punches you square in the nose.

I would take them apart,I have been punched out the blue a couple of times and the reaction has been the same I throw them a beating.

Somebody squeezes a ketchup packet onto your shirt from the floor above the lobby, you are in the lobby.

If I managed to get a look at them then I would give a description to the security guard, then go clean myself up.

Somebody walks up to at the mall food court and takes your burger and walks off.

I would catch up to them, tell them they owe me a burger and ask what the hell they think they were doing.
Getting between me and my food is a fast way to get hurt, I stabbed my brother in the hand with a fork when he took a chip of my plate.

If waiting in line and someone took something out of my trolley I would ask to see the manager,then ask to view the tapes that have to prove it was in my trolley in the first place.

Somebody draws a line on the back of your head with a permanent marker while you wait in line at the movies.

Depends if I felt it or not, if I did I would have a quite word with them.

The people behind you at the movies keep kicking your chair,its obvious they are messing with you because they are laughing and saying things like do it again man.

I would move, if they moved behind me again and started the same thing one of them would have a broken ankle before the film finished.

I dont lose my temper much anymore and in the situations that are outlined here It would take a lot to get a physical reaction out of me.

When I do lose it I move fast,hit hard and make sure they know they messed up.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.

It would start with "What the F:-o:-oK" followed by "That was lame" and then if I had something it would most likely been thrown at them, and if I didn't it would either end there or I would make an idiot of myself chasing them to hug them and share the mess right on their clothes.

I would turn around and tell them (being a smartass of course) that Obviously if I wanted to go I would have started walking, and then we would see where it went from there.

Oh heck no! I would drive after them and possibly accidently hit them. If not that then I will surely catch up to them and that would be a definite physical fight. If I had to I would just park my car at the dang stop light and chase after them.

I hate senseless stuff like that.

I would hopefully be able to grab their leg while I am on the ground and trip them as well.. or it would just be me screaming at them from the ground.

I'd probably ask them what their deal was, and if they were calm with me then I'd just let it go.. if they got an attitude I'd punch them back.

I would be extremely annoyed and pissed that it was probably some immature kid who needs to grow up and realize things like that are infact, not "cool"

I don't think I would chase after them because they would likely have ran back and hid in their room.

I would be confused :confused: but I would just let it go.. and not worry about it.

Oh I would politely say that was mine and ask if I could have it back. If they denied taking it and refused to give it back it would be an all out scream fest and more than likely would turn out violently... But like Hiei said if it was something that was that big of a deal I 1) probably would be holding it and it would not be in my shopping cart 2) I'd be watching it like a hawk.

Another what the heck moment.. I wouldn't know until someone told me, but I would just shrug at it and just have to think it was just a kid thinking they were cool.

I would turn around and politely ask them to stop. If it happened again I would say something along the lines of "I heard you telling him to do it again, what makes you think it is so funny to kick someones chair?" then if it happened again I would stand up and get really loud and say I asked you to stop kicking the back of my chair.. with select profanities inserted though.. and if it happened again I would hopefully get up and move.. or it would be a bad deal..

Wow, I just realized I think I am more prone to fighting than I thought.. :shake:

Last edited:

Coldendurance

Registered Member

A random person throws a fast food cup and ruins my expensive clothes that I worked hard to pay for? You can bet he'd be laying shortly after.

I would have a hard time thinking this wasn't a joke, so the most likely case would be that I'd laugh and go about my business. Had they decided to further the situation, once again he'd be taking a nap.

I'm sorry but this is what we call blackout rage. I'd throw the car in park and leave the engine on. Then he'd have a state track athlete with a red wall of rage behind him. I don't think anyone would tolerate that. Hopefully after he hit the ground I'd go back to my car.

I wouldn't go into a swinging frenzy, but I'd definitely turn around and throw some profanities at them, if they wanted to further the situation I'd be glad to go along.

Square in the nose? He'd better be ready to block a right hook.

There's a chance the person doesn't have a room or can't get in too quickly. You can bet I'd be taking the stairs.

I'd sit there for a moment to see if he turns around with a "ahhh gotchya!". If he continued walking I'd catch up and ask him what the problem was. Final step would be physical.

Once again, this situation would start with a verbal confrontation, where it can hopefully be handled like mature adults. If not, back to the ground.

Alright, this might seem overboard but even if a close friend does that it pisses me off. I'd turn around and shove them to the ground at the very least. Hopefully there'd be no further escalation.

If people are adjusting themselves behind me or just talking and keep managing to kick my chair, I actually don't care at all and sometimes will let it go the entire movie with no complaints. If it's obviously juvenile jokes being played on me I'll give 1 verbal warning and 1 physical warning before getting out of my seat.

Personally, I think physical motivation is the best motivation. Don't shield people from their stupidity, if you're going to act like someone that gets their ass kicked, be prepared to have your ass kicked.