How Patient Are You?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icegoat63, Aug 23, 2008.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Im sitting here now 20 minutes gone by still waiting on my friend to show up. He's one of those always fashionably late types. I got to thinking about how patient (or impatient) I am when it comes to waiting. SO question here is about How long would wait it out in these situations:

A friend going to a fun event
    Doctor/Dentist office
    Line at the beer garden (this one is for The member formerly known as MJ :hah:)
    A line at an amusement park
    A line in the grocery store

Babe_Ruth likes this.

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Waiting on a friend: I'd wait but I'd ream them when they got there.
    Doctor/Dentist: I'd wait but be ticked off.
    Line at a beer garden: Dunno what that is.
    Line at a park: I'd wait because that's why I'm there.
    Line at grocery store: I'd wait cuz I want my groceries.

Now patience as in tolerance that is about the size of a gnat.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I get really impatient waiting for a friend sometimes, especially if I told him 20 minutes ago that he needed to be ready

Doctor/Dentist office
    Lots of patience for this

Little patience, everyone knows that I need my beer

Don't do rides, I go at the bar at the amusement park and drink

I just go to the shortest line, if I have to wait, then it doesn't me because it's understandable.

4. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

I'm generally pretty patient. I'll wait for a long time. I appreciate any time I have with my friends.

Doctor/Dentist office
    Generally I don't have to wait too long at either place. I'd get impatient sooner or later, know.

What? I don't drink beer and never have. So I wouldn't be in this line whatever it is.

At amusement parks I don't do a lot of riding. Especially not roller costers. I don't get in lines a lot there. lol

I'll still wait a long time. I'm always with my parents so it's not my decision anyways. I need my food, so I don't care.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It depends. Maybe half an hour then I leave. But if I can't go to the even without the said friend, I'd wait longer. :)

Doctor/Dentist office

I've waited more than an hour. I'm used to waiting in my other doc's office so I bring stuff to read when I have an appointment.

I won't even be there.

I thought I was patient until I went to Disneyland/Universal Studios in CA back in 1999. Gee! The line! Seriously. But I was a tourist so it's then or never. Hours....and for what? Not even a minute ride, LOL.

If I'm not desperate for what I need, then after 10 minutes (or less) I quit the line.

6. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

A friend going to a fun event - If I have to wait more than 30 minutes, I start getting pretty irritated.

Doctor/Dentist office - I have nearly endless patience in these situations because I understand that emergencies come up...but if I had to wait much more than an hour I'd most likely just reschedule.

Line at the beer garden - I wouldn't be happy about it, but I'd wait as long as necessary if it meant getting my beer...fortunately, being female, I can often flirt my way into having someone at the front of the line grab an extra pitcher. :D

A line at an amusement park - I hate waiting in line at amusement parks and if it's longer than 15 minutes waiting I'll try to find a ride with a shorter line...if I come back later and the line is still long, I'll probably just give in and wait in line for however long it takes.

A line in the grocery store - If I had to wait in line for more than 15 minutes I would get pretty antsy, but what can ya do.

7. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

A friend going to a fun event :

I'll wait for a while or until I get totally bored then I will wander off.

Doctor/Dentist office :

When it comes to those I will wait how ever long it takes to see them, cause if i'm there it must be for something serious.

Line at the beer garden (this one is for The member formerly known as MJ ) :

I don't drink so I would not be in that line

A line at an amusement park :

I can wait as long as it takes. I'm a thrill junkie so i would wait a long time to get on a killer thrill ride.

A line in the grocery store :

Now you found my weakness. I will only wait 10 to 15 min in a line at the store. I start to go buggy waiting in lines at the store.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

A friend going to a fun event: I'd wait ten minutes and then try and contact them.

Doctor/Dentist office: 20 mins I suppose. I hate both of those places so any excuse to leave would be great.

Line at the beer garden (this one is for The member formerly known as MJ [​IMG]): I don't drink beer, so I wouldn't even be in the line.

A line at an amusement park: I'd say 25-30 mins unless it was late afternoon and there were other things I wanted to do. If so I wouldn't even queue up.

A line in the grocery store: As long as it took to be honest. I always join the shortest queue and will just wait until I reach the counter.

9. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

Ill be patient in all the mentioned situations. The only time im not is when im waiting for an email. I hate waiting for emails. Goddamntheduchewhowaitstosendmeanemail.

10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Muh! I got ahead of myself. I meant to make the Beer Garden one with a secondary option of Concession stands at an event if you're of the no drinking crowd. My bad!