How old is OLD?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, May 20, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

How old do you consider "OLD"?

How old does somebody have to be for you to consider them old? I know there are multiple levels of old, but just in general. What is old to you?

I tend to think of old being around 50 or older.

2. amjhdrummer

amjhdrummer It fell off.

I agree. 50 or older.

3. AdrienneEHouseman

AdrienneEHouseman Registered Member

I think that it varies from person to person actually. There are some people who I have known who seem old by the time they are in their 40s, there are some people who I have known who still don't seem old at 80. Though I think that most people hit "old" in their 50s or 60s.

I hope that I am one of those people who at 80 hasn't hit old yet. :)

Adri

4. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

382. Heh.

I don't know, about 80 or something? My grandparents are about 70 and, while they're not young, I wouldn't call them old, as such. I think it depends bigtime on how active their minds are. I could call some people younger than my grandparents old because they seem old in their thinking, actions, but some people much older may have a much 'younger' mind, for example.

5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Didn't this already get started somewhere?

Everybody is going to have there own version of old because of how old they are. I'd say 80+ is old but that's considering I'm almost halfway there now :/

6. Jakey-D

Jakey-D Registered Member

I'm gonna be really cheesy and say you're only old if you feel old.

I'm sure there must be 70 year olds out there with healthier bodies than some 40 year olds!

I'm only 20 so I'm safe at least...

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

8. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Did you pick that number arbitrarily or did you realize that at 55 1/2 years that is when the government considers you "old" enough to retire.

(You can access most of your money from retirement at that age).

9. Jakey-D

Jakey-D Registered Member

I think that it's 65 to retire here in the UK.

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

In my family at 55, that's when everyone notices all those wrinkles and the grey hair on your head you're trying to cover up with a wig.