How old are you as far as computers go?

How old are you with computers?

• Total voters

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Alright a comment in another thread got me thinking about something...

How old are you in terms of computers? Meaning how long have you been using computers on a regular basis?

I have been using computers regularly since I was 4 I believe maybe 3 I don't remember exactly but it's been quite a long time since I started using computers though.

So that makes me 12 with computers.

What about everyone else?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
so what is this? Taking your actual age and subtracting the years you havent used a computer regularly?
I can recall the first time we actually had a desktop in my house was when I was around 5th grade. I remember that one because I had gotten in trouble at school and my punishment was to write the definition of "quiet" 200 times :hah: So That'd stick me.... ugh like 10 I think? So my Computer Years would be 12.

However would Video Gaming be considered computer years? if thats the case I'm well over 18.

I have been using computer games since I was very young, probably the same age as you, 4ish... me, my dad and brother used to play crappy stuff together... but I've been a regular computer user since i was about 9 years old probably, (and the internet, about 11). Maybe a year younger I dunno. How do you remember this kind of stuff. :lol:

I'm 18 now.
So that makes me about 9 computer-years old. Ish.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Back in the early Eighties before any such thing as a mouse or an Internet existed I had a nifty Texas Instruments TI-99/4A home computer with 4K of memory and my TV for a monitor. I was programming my own games in BASIC language and saving them, not to an as-yet-unheard of hard drive, but to a home cassette recorder.

*fingers white beard, cackles*

Yep. And I remember ten-cent sody pop machines, too, by jingo.

wolfheart

Registered Member
First computer i ever had was spectrum zx,way way back,could never get that to work the way it should of,not alot has changed,lol
Only really been using a computer for about four years.

MissyGris

Registered Member
My family first got our first PC in '92. It was a Tandy and cost my parents around $2000. I probably didn't start playing games or using it until I was about seven. That makes me 13 years old when it comes to computers.

RATTIE

Registered Member
I think I said I was 3 in the other thread but I meant a 3 year old child.
Even THAT was biging myself up! :lol:

I've only been able to use a computer for 2 years.
I was somewhat of a technophobe but I'm mostly better now, unless people come at me with big words, in which case I assume the foetal position and cry. :nod:
------
I picked 1-2 cos I've only had the internet for a year. :-/
You all must think I live in a cave eh? :lol:

Last edited:

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
That would make me 14+
I just started to learn before I left School, and I eventually went to work for the Army and used many different computers that were way ahead of their time, though some were like something from a 1950's Sci-Fi film. Back then, you'd be considered 'an expert' if you could create something as simple as a brochure, but now, that's something young Children can do.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Hybrix... seriously?

it's been 13 years for you man not 14.

Windows 95 released in August 1995, it did not release in 1994 like you think it did.