• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies How often do you watch your dvds?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Last month in an effort to raise some extra cash I sold a lot of dvds and games on Music Magpie who I have to say were a very good service to use but I mainly thought "well I don't actually watch these DVDs so why am I holding onto them?" and I think the reason was I simply held onto them just to see a shelf full of DVDs but I wouldn't actually watch them, are you the same?

At a guess how many do you own?

How often do you watch them?

Is there a specific genre you collect?

Do you keep genres stacked together?

How often do you buy DVDs?

Bliss

Sally Twit
I have and am doing exactly the same as you. When times are hard I will go through my DVD's and sell the ones I know I won't watch that often on Play.com because they sell pretty easily.

I'd say around 100. I used to own a lot more but many of them were just sat there gathering dust.

I watch DVD's everyday. I do own some that are still in the wrapping but they are films I love so they'll definitely be watched at some point.

Mainly Horror and Comedy, closely followed by Action.

No. At the moment they are all stacked up on top of my fireplace. When we get a DVD rack (which we plan to do in the New Year) I will make sure they are in alphabetical order.

I usually buy a few every month but I am trying to save money at the moment. If there is something released that I really want to own then I'll buy it. But right now I am trying not to buy them just for the sake of adding to my collection.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

I'd say I own about 150-170 of them. I wish I had more though. I love collecting DVD's.

Not as much as I thought I would, but they I still watch them quite often when I don't have anything to watch. I enjoy going back and popping a good dvd in the PS3.

My collection is all over the place, that's why I like it so much.

I have to many to keep them in different genres to be honest.

Every so often, if I go to the store and I see one that I like I'll usually purchase it without even thinking twice about it.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.

All together, I think the whole family owns about 500 DVDs and around 150 are actually mine.

Not as much as I would like though, got a tight schedule but I do pop on The Big Bang Theory or Gossip Girl as backround noise.

Comedy movies and TV shows. I have a fair collection of Supernatural and all that.

I think I might have to start because my DVDs are all over the place and it's sometimes very hard to do so.

As I have Foxtel and new releases are always on there means I barely buy any DVDs now. Except for TV shows just to watch episodes that I have missed out on or if I started a TV show way too late in a season and don't know what's happening, etc.