• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How often do you watch Wrestling?

thealigator

Registered Member
For the last year mainly thanks to a podcast I have been watching PPVs from the attitude era. The podcast is up to No Way Out 2001 and it got me thinking. I used to watch PPVs quite often. Before I could afford dvds and certainly before I had the Network I had a large library of PPVs on tape as I am sure a lot of us did. I remember I would watch them quite often, I couldn't count the number of times I watched Backlash 2000 because I watched it that often.

How often to you watch wrestling? Not just monthly PPVs or the weekly shows etc but old shows or documentary's. Do you still have a large collection of DVDs and do you watch shows on a regular basis?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have the WWE Network so I watch a lot of it. I have a bunch of DVD’s, but all of them are on the Network now, so they don’t really have any use to me anymore. But, I do like my collection. I really don’t remember the last time I missed a WWE Pay Per View.

thealigator

Registered Member
Do you think you would ever sell your DVDs? I am more than certain they have little monetary value anymore I am unsure I would want to sell mine. They are just one of those things I would never want to get rid of like my TV boxsets or certain films.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have no desire to sell them. Who knows how long I’ll have the WWE Network. Twenty-years from now I may not have it anymore, but I’ll still be able to go back to my DVD’s(if I take good care of them, which I have thus far).

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I pretty watch wrestling every single day. If it's not a random match somewhere online, I'll pop one of my DVDs or VHS. Right now, I must have around 40 to 50 DVDs & wrestling tapes from various promotions: WWE, WCW, ECW, ROH, indies & Japan.

Lately, I've been watching the 4 Horsemen DVD often. Like probably the last 3 times I decided to watch a DVD. Oddly enough, the most precious DVDs of my collection I opt to watch very rarely because I want to keep them in good condition as long as I can.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Are you training to.......... BE...... a wrestler by any chance?

(FYI the only reason I didn't reply to last poster is because it souldn't let me delete the unnecessary quotes and I don't believe in repeating whole posts. Mods... a little help here? I'm sure he'll see it anyways and get its for him, but still)

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I don't watch it as much as I used too because my time is much more limited these days, but with the increase in talent lately, I've been making more of an effort to watch it. But if I don't tune in, I follow so many wrestling accounts on Twitter that I never miss a beat.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I watch wrestling if there's nothing else on TV or I just feel like watching it just because it's an odd choice for me. I know basically no one unless they are still hanging around from the early 2000's era, and most of them are either management or commentaor or some obscure non-wrestling role or guest. It's nothing personal against wrestling, but just that......... meh... I'm 33 now.

I only got into it in the early 2000's because I had some friends into it and I learned enough about it to be able to teach moves to them from the No Mercy game and do limited wrestling for video projects. I can still pull out moves when I need to and name/categorize moves that I see on TV. It's fun. It's like a driving game. Or second language. Surprising how little things change through the years.

Meh...... like the UFC, still have an appreciation for the artistic side of wrestling though. Meh. Meh.

I'm 33. Meh.

No offense. Meh.

I'm still trying to get used to the idea that Jonathan Coachman does legitimate sports anchoring now.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Not as much as I did when I was away at grad school. I work a lot, and I travel a lot for work, so I don't have a ton of time like I used to, but I watch pretty much all the pay-per-views live since I'm home on Sunday nights. I usually watch Raw, but don't always watch all 3 hours of it due to my schedule.

I love the Network, but I really can't recall the last time I watched an old PPV in one sitting like I used to.