• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How often do you wash jeans?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I came across this article that says never wash your jeans unless you absolutely have to. If they get to smelling too bad hang them on the line or use a damp cloth for stains. Too me this wouldn't be near often enough. You sweat, then you may have pets or kids, never wouldn't be for me.

I ran across another article a few weeks ago that said jeans only need washed after 4 or 5 wears. They basically said underwear, except for bras, was the only thing that needed changed daily. If I find this article again I will post it.

If I haven't been doing anything to get too dirty I will wear jeans two days but that's about it. It would have to be a no other choice case to wear them a third day.

How often do you wash your jeans? What do you think about never washing them?

Why you should never, ever wash your jeans — unless you really, really have to

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
It would be cool but nobody wears anything here for more than one day. And sometimes not even that long. Bath time always means clean clothes and that happens every day.
But I really dont get why someone couldnt wear clothes more than one day. I dont get how that could cause any serious issues.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think its according to what you were doing if you can wear them more than once. Sometimes I will wear jeans more than one day if I wasn't doing anything to get them dirty to begin with. That is something I just recently started since my dog and cats have died. When I had them they were rubbing on you or wanting in your lap so I never wore them a second day.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Thats really sad about your dogs and cats but we have a huge Rottweiler here and he gets really annoying sometimes. And with sports and biking and everything else I never stay clean for a whole day. Well unless theres a wedding or funeral or something but thats not even a guarantee.

dDave

V.I.P.
Jeans collect a lot of dirt just from wearing them.

When you wear dirty jeans they wear out faster because the dirt will grind the gibers and accelerate the wearing process. This is usually how people end up with tears in their jeans, because they're not washed enough and the dirt wears them out.

I'll give jeans at least a few days before washing them but I do wash them regularly.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
It definitely depends on what I did while wearing them. I've gone a whole week and I've also washed them twice in one day.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
I throw mine in every week. I at least take care to turn them inside out, though.

Pinecampple

Registered Member
My family has never been the wealthiest, so washing clothes was never too easily accomplished, at least not when money was concerned. So I've always been taught to wear clothes as long as I can. I mean, don't get me wrong, there were things I didn't do that with (often). Like underwear was always changed daily. But shirts, pants, shorts, socks, and things like that were always worn at least as long as I could wear them before they got ripe. Jeans? To this day I wear them as long as possible, and being I don't roll around in the dirt all too often, I can wear them at least four or five days. Also doesn't help that I only own three pairs. But nevertheless.