• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies How often do you re-watch films?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I am currently unwell so am in a "feeling sorry for myself" mood (ie, eating comfort food and watching comfort films). The film of choice is Cool Runnings, I have seen this film multiple times and remember watching it when it was first out and I think I even saw it in the cinema, no matter how many times I have seen this film, despite knowing the story like the back of my hand I still love watching it and still love going back to it. I am tempted to acquire Short Circuit later as well as I loved that film growing up :D

Do you have similar movies?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I am a MASSIVE culprit of re-watching films. But I don't just mean watching old films on DVD again a few times, but even seeing films more than once while they are still in the cinema. A good example is that I am going to see Sucker Punch tonight for the third time, which includes two viewings in two days.

It's very common for me to see a film I like 3 or 4 times in the cinemas (although I'm yet to see the same film 5 times). I did however see the same one 3 times in 5 days once.

Once they are out on DVD or blu-ray I usually watch them a lot of times as well.
A few films I never get sick of watching over and over are:

- Independence Day
- The Lion King
- Kill Bill 1&2
- V for Vendetta
- FernGully: The Last Rainforest

viLky

ykLiv
Action, suspense and adventure are movies I enjoy re-watching.

First you have to understand I'm not really a big movie buff, so... with that said, you'll have to ask me to take a seat and watch it with you. Don't be nervous, I'll do it. If it's a bad movie I'll fake interest, while if it's a good movie I'll enjoy it - even if I saw it before. To name a few:

o-- Independence Day (copied 'cuz of Crouton)
o-- Miracle Mile (198X movie)
o-- ConAir (my favorite movie)
o-- Bird on a Wire (damn nostalgia)
o-- Bad Boys
o-- Every single Arnold Schwarzenegger movie ever created. EVER!

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
o-- Every single Arnold Schwarzenegger movie ever created. EVER!
Kindergarten Cop is not a bad film and I will defend Last Action Hero til the die I die but Junior?? How can you defend that??

Impact

V.I.P.
Generally I only rewatch a movie if it's been so long that I can't remember exactly what happened, or there's a reason for rewatching it (like the review club at the moment) The only real exception to this is if i'm really tired, bored, or sick and feeling sorry for myself. Nothing like a movie you know really well when you're sick. That way, doesn't matter if you fall asleep half way through. A couple for me that i've watched multiple times: The Rules of Attraction, American Beauty, Snatch, Lock Stock, Four Brothers. They're not necessarily my favourite movies either.

viLky

ykLiv
Kindergarten Cop is not a bad film and I will defend Last Action Hero til the die I die but Junior?? How can you defend that??
Two words: Arnold Schwarzenegger. :lol:

Seriously, though, Arnold Schwarzenegger. That guy can turn a terrible movie into a fantastic movie, me thinks. I just utterly adore the guy. I love his acting, his charisma, his accent, everything! It's crazy, but have you ever enjoyed a movie based on one factor... or one actor/actress in this case? If so, that's how I feel about Junior. Arnold saves it for me. ^.~

Bliss

Sally Twit
I re-watch lots of films. If it's in my DVD collection then it will be watched again.

The main films I'll re-watch are Jim Carrey ones.
------
And I agree with viLky on Arnie. He has some of the best catchphrases out there. His accent is pure gold and he always makes me laughs.
Junior was hilarious. You should watch Twins. Him and Danny DeVito make a great duo.

Last edited:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Two words: Arnold Schwarzenegger. :lol:

Seriously, though, Arnold Schwarzenegger. That guy can turn a terrible movie into a fantastic movie, me thinks. I just utterly adore the guy. I love his acting, his charisma, his accent, everything! It's crazy, but have you ever enjoyed a movie based on one factor... or one actor/actress in this case? If so, that's how I feel about Junior. Arnold saves it for me. ^.~
I entirely agree with someone saving a film! I think the only thing that saved that god awful "Robin Hood: Price of Thieves" was Alan Rickman! Then again I will watch pretty much any film with Rickman involved :D

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I have a few films that I like to watch on purpose every year or so - Shawshank Redemption, Goodfellas, Office Space. Then there are movies that I will always watch if I happen to catch them on TV and I have the time to watch them, like Walk the Line.

I used to have a huge stock of movies that I'd re-watch far too frequently. They included Raising Arizona, This is Spinal Tap, Star Trek: First Contact, Pink Floyd The Wall, Beavis and Butthead Do America. That was when I was a big fat stoner (or did that go without saying)

Merricles

Registered Member
The Last Samurai
The Punisher (2004)
Titan A.E.
The Breakfast Club
Monsters, INC.

Those are the ones that come to mind right off that I could watch over and over. But I would just as easily skip over them as watch them. Except Last Saumrai though haha.