• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How often do you get sick?

Bliss

Sally Twit
Are you always catching every bug going around or are you pretty lucky and manage to avoid getting sick regularly?

I've never had any serious illnesses and at most I'll get two colds a year and maybe an upset stomach. I've never had the flu before so touch wood that's not on the cards for me this year.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I hardly ever get sick! I seem to always stroll through 'cold and flu' season unharmed. I usually say it's due to my "Vegetarian Power" :p.

Although even though I often avoid common colds etc I did get really sick a year and a half ago. I ended up getting swine-flu AND pneumonia at the same time. A disease which I dubbed "Swimonia" and had to go to hospital for.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I barely get sick and if I ever do, it's a runny nose that lasts a few days and that's about it. But I have this thing where EVERY year, I get sick really bad, bed ridden for at least 2 weeks.

Hiei

The Hierophant
I'm the type of person that takes lots of supplements just because, so I don't really get sick very often at all. Actually, only rarely do I even feel run down. But, like I said, I take all kinds of vitamins and if I feel like I might start to feel a slight bit of something, I take more vitamin C and it goes away.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Usually if I get sick I get sick really bad it seems like. I was out of commission for around a month when I had mono and a few years ago I got a 104 degree temperature for a couple of days.

Typically I do not get sick though.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I get maybe 1 or 2 colds a year.

I think it's usually just 1, but they last quite a long time with the symptoms increasing and decreasing in 'severity'. So I can complain about being sick a couple of times with time in between, but it's the same virus.
Last year I had a sore throat/cold that went on for 12 weeks. I think that was down to stress, though, as they are usually not anything near that long.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I get sick every couple of years. I'll get a bad cold or flu that knocks me out for at least a week. I'm lucky enough that I've never been seriously ill. The worst I've ever had is mono.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I feel I'm not sickly probably because I compare to the rate my kids get sick. Sometimes they're all sick but I'm not. I'm glad that is the case because no one will take care of me!

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'll probably jinx myself, but I rarely get sick. Maybe once or twice a year and it's usually just a small cold that's gone shortly after I catch it.