• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How often do you fill up?

dDave

V.I.P.
How often do you fill up your car with petrol?

I drive a 2004 Subaru Outback and can get about 250 miles out of a tank before I get uncomfortable and just decide to fill up. I'm sure it can go more but when the gas goes below 1/4 I like to have the peace of mind.

I filled my car up for the second time all summer just two weeks ago, I was amazed to realize that I had literally spend my whole summer in the small area of town that I know as home. I was taking online classes and working from home, the perfect setup for someone that doesn't want to fill up all the time :)

How often do you have to fill up?

Elanor

Registered Member
I fill up about once every 5 days roughly. I do about 250 miles a week so I get through a lot of fuel. If I drive economically, and I have actually filled the tank to the top I could probably get about 300 - 350 miles out of the tank. But I never fill it up completely, I put just enough in, and occasionally I drive a bit too fast, so that is my petrol gone.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I can get a full week out of my car. I know it could go for longer, but I never let it drop too low out of fear of breaking down at an awkward moment.
Every Saturday I put about £40 in.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I rarely fill my gas tank. Gas is expensive and I may need those few dollars before the next pay day more than an extra quarter of a tank. I only fill it if I'm taking a long drive.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Once a week and if I am lucky, once every two weeks. I drive a lot during the week to Uni and back and most the petrol is being wasted due to traffic and just standing there.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I fill up once a week. Its never close to being out but my gas gauge doesn't work properly so that makes me nervous. Nothing I hate worse than running out of gas because its so easily preventable.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I fill up probably once every 3 weeks, and I spend about $75. Sucks for those months when it hits twice in a month.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
I have a 10 gallon tank and I fill up every like, 500-550 miles, depending. Averaging at 50-55 MPG is a God-send with the gas prices being like they are.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I can go about 3 to 4 weeks on a full tank of petrol before filling up again, and that's with driving a fair bit. My car is fairly fuel efficient. It might even be closer to 5 weeks. I drive a little Hyundai i20 and it's great for city driving.