• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How often do you change your avatar?

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
How often do you change your avatar? How often do you feel people should change their avatar? What do you feel an avatar should do?

As most of you can tell, I change my avatar fairly often. As I feel they should reflect ones personal interests, they should change fairly often.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I change mine whenever I think it's time for a change, basically. Or if I feel that my current avatar is 'old'. I change it to reflect my mood. I change it if I find a better picture.

Mostly I change it if I find a picture that better represents my mood, my feelings, or my 'image'.

Wade8813

Registered Member
How often do you change your avatar? How often do you feel people should change their avatar? What do you feel an avatar should do?

As most of you can tell, I change my avatar fairly often. As I feel they should reflect ones personal interests, they should change fairly often.
As I'm sure most of you know, I don't change my avatar much at all.

Like you - it changes to reflect my interests. I still haven't lost interest in The Dark Knight, so I haven't changed it... ;)

If people don't change their avatar, it lets people associate something with you. If you change it really frequently, then people will expect that, and not be confused by it. It's when you have an avatar for a long time, then change it, that people get confused.

Last edited:

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
I find one whenever I think of something more hilarious to put there. The same goes with my sig.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't changed my avatar since I got the one I have right now. As everyone knows I'm a huge Babe Ruth fan and my avatar is a rare footage of him hitting a home run which to me is a work of art. It will take a lot for me to change my current avatar.

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
That's odd Babe. I still see MJ for your avatar.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
If you have condensed view, you probably aren't seeing his animated one.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Animated avatars don't show up if you have the more compact post layout enabled.

Also, it has been 407 days since my last avatar change. I tend to keep mine for a while. Even worse than that, I tend to go back between a few avatars I've used in the past when I ever do make a change. I very rarely will pick a new avatar that I haven't used before unless I am willing to commit to it for at least a year. :lol:

Konshentz

Konshentz
I had the same Nabokov avatar for the first few months I was here. Since then, I have changed it quite a few times. I have a hard time sticking to one thing, like Chao, I change it to go with my mood or image.

I could see me sticking with the Joe Budden one for a while, until I ask Jeru to make me a new one. Haha.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Like you - it changes to reflect my interests. I still haven't lost interest in The Dark Knight, so I haven't changed it... ;)
I still haven't watched that film...

I like changing mine every now and then, pretty often, not as much as some people though. I'm kind of picky but I won't hesitate to change it if someone made it or if I really like the image.

To answer your other Qs, I think people should change their avatar as much or as little as they like aaand an avatar should reflect you in any way you want it to.