How often do you..#2

(yeah, I like that title, hush):nod:

How often do you change your toothbrush?

Me, about every 3-4 months if I can hold out that long.

When you use it, do you wash it off first? I do.

Where do you keep it? Mine stays locked away from toilet germs in the medicine cabinet.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I dunno to be honest. It may be longer than I should....

Usually when I notice that its time to change toothbrush is when the bristles start sticking out to the sides and stuff. Normally I buy the really cheap stiff ones so it takes a good while for them to start wearing down. I've definitely noticed the softer more "delicate" ones break down faster.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
LMFAO

I change mine every 3-ish months. I don't keep track on a calendar, but I usually have an idea of how long it's been.

I rinse it off first in hot water before I use it.

NO, Jerry, I do not lock mine in the medicine cabinet. It's on the counter in the holder. HOWEVER I always put the lid down when I flush and I'm the only one who uses my bathroom.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
It just occurred to me that the thread title can be taken another way.:lol:
Yes, I thought for sure it was a thread by Kay :lol:

To answer the question, I don't really change it that regularly, just whenever I notice the bristles are sticking out at odd angles. Sometimes I wash it off first, sometimes I don't. And it is kept in the holder thing on the cabinet, out in the open with all the germs. Hmm, I never really thought about all the germs that can get to it :urp:

Yes, I thought for sure it was a thread by Kay :lol:

To answer the question, I don't really change it that regularly, just whenever I notice the bristles are sticking out at odd angles. Sometimes I wash it off first, sometimes I don't. And it is kept in the holder thing on the cabinet, out in the open with all the germs. Hmm, I never really thought about all the germs that can get to it :urp:
Start thinking about it, immediately. Just think, you flush, you touch the brush, (and I'm sure you don't wash your hands after brushing your teeth, why would you) then your hands are full of toilet germs. I feel ill.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I change my brush everytime I go to the dentist...go 6 months I suppose. Unless something happens and its just unusable. I have two though...one I keep at work.

I never think about changing my toothbrush 'cause I have quite a few of them lying around. My mum buys me a new one every now and then but I don't always chuck the old one out 'cause it still looks fine to me. :dunno:

Yeah, I rinse it first, but mainly because I don't like putting the paste on without the brush being wet first.

I keep it in the holder out in the open, never thought to do different..

Quoted from Web MD

"Always flush with the lid down.
According to Charles Gerba, PhD, a professor of microbiology at University of Arizona in Tucson, flushing the toilet with the lid up is not wise. "Polluted water vapor erupts out of the flushing toilet bowl and it can take several hours for these particles to finally settle -- not to mention where," he says. "If you have your toothbrush too close to the toilet, you are brushing your teeth with what's in your toilet."
:urp: