• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How nosy are you?

Bliss

Sally Twit
Do you often pry into other people's affairs, or do you always 'mind your own business'?

I'll admit I do enjoy a bit of gossip every now and again, especially in the workplace. If I want to know something about someone I'll never ask them straight out.. Well, unless they are a good friend. I'll try and find out from others.
I think it comes down to boredom. Nothing exciting ever happens at work so it makes the day a little brighter to hear someone else's news.

StormyClouds

Registered Member
I always try to find out from someone else, I never ask the person direct. I don't want to be known as the nosey one! lol

Incomple

Registered Member
Dont really need to be nosy at my place. If something is going on, you will find out from somebody.

Wouldn't say I am really bothered about finding out other people's business. It's their business, let them get on with it. Unless it was a good mate, maybe with a problem, obviously I'd get involved and sort of do my bit.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I am interested in others' affairs but I try not to poke my nose unless they want to talk about it themselves. I like gossips and can't deny it.
If I notice that the other person has the tendency/wants to talk about their affairs, it's fine for me and I like to hear. Otherwise, I'll let it slide and wait for the right time if it ever comes.

Dekzper

Registered Member
I'm nosy but I dont do gossip. If I meet someone, or know someone, and there's something I wanna know, I ask. :nod: It's usually no probs unless it sets somebody off. Then I back off. But people can be nosy with me too and no probs. Unless it sets me off.

Impact

V.I.P.
I'm way too nosy. Although, generally if I want to know something, I will ask the person directly rather than gossiping about it behind their backs. That way you get the real story too, rather than the Chinese whispers version you get through the grape vine.

DontTakeMyAdvice

Registered Member
I'm nosy but don't gossip, gossip can be easily turned into bitching and I don't like that at all. I do have a security camera on the front of my house though which has an awesome microphone, I can honestly I've enjoyed listening to many a conversation on it through my TV. It even picks ip voices that are halfway down the street.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Eh, I hate to say it but I can be pretty nosy. I try my best to avoid gossiping and such, but I seem to get sucked into it more often than I'd like.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
If being interested about someone's day or things that bother the person considered nosy then I am. I like getting more personal with my conversations with friends. However I do know that if the other person isn't comfortable anymore, then I stop asking and make a mental note not to go beyond that line again unless sent feelers to do otherwise.

If it's about strangers though, nah. I don't go out of my way to know, but if info is made available to me then I'll just add it in my bank of useless knowledge.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think everyone is a bit nosy at the end of the day, it's just that some people are worse then others. Personally, I'm not all that nosy. I do like to know what's going on in a few people's life, but I won't go out of my way to find out. I'll usually hear it from someone, or read it on Facebook or something.