How much would you pay for gas?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Nov 7, 2008.

?

How much would you pay for gas?

1. I'll buy it no matter how expensive

50.0%
  2. $8 a gallon

14.3%
  3. $7 a gallon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. $6 a gallon

7.1%
  5. $5.50 a gallon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. $5 a gallon

21.4%
  7. $4.50 a gallon

7.1%
  8. $4 a gallon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. $3.50 a gallon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. $3 a gallon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

If gas prices keep going up, when will you just stop buying gas?

I'd stop around $5 a gallon. I'd get a bike or something and use that. At some point if gas DOES keep going up I think a lot of people are going to be forced to explore other options.

That is until electric cars become mainstream.

Bananas likes this.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well right now, the Gas is going down which I'm very happy, and hopefully it keeps going down.

The highest I've ever seen it was at 1.40 a liter Canadian, which is pretty high, I don't know how high I would stop buying gas, because I need my truck more then I even realize sometimes, but I guess if it ever goes up 2.30 a liter Canadian, I probably wouldn't take my truck all the time.

Oooh_snap likes this.
  3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Sorry in advance for using gallons and $ for the poll. Figure it out for whatever you use where you live. :D

4. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I'd buy it until it gets really expensive, but I'd drive less and less significantly

5. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Seeing as in the UK we already pay nearly $7 a gallon and when oil prices were high earlier in the year we were paying abput $9, I'll select that option.

I would not go as far as saying whatever it takes, realistically at about $15 a gallon I would have to consider alternatives. If I realy wanted to I could drive a little more conservative, select the shortest and not just the quickest route, cut out unnecessary journeys and generaly plan a little better. Ive got a long way to go before I'll be quitting gas(petrol is a much better word!).

Electric cars, do you think they are the future? I always thought it would be hydrogen next.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  6. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd probably buy it no matter how expesive it got depending upon if I were to get a cost of living raise. If I were to be making what I am now I'd have to stop around 6 or 7 dollars a gallon, but I am hoping we will have some huge protests or something before it gets that bad lol.

7. LadyPinky

LadyPinky scientia potestas est

I voted for eight dollars a gallon. I think after that I would ride the bus or something. But basically I need gas to get to school and work so I don't really have a choice but to pay for it.

8. Suzie

Suzie Registered Member

Since my job depends on it and all I do is drive around, I would have no other choice to buy it no matter how expensive it gets.

But...Gas is almost below $2.00 here now! Woo hooooooo

9. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

Damn, that'd be a bit less than 5.20 a gallon, and considering the Canadian dollar is stronger than the American dollar at the moment, it'd be even more.

I voted $5 a gallon, at that point it'd just be ridiculous.

And in response to European folks paying much more, you guys also have much better public transportation, and your cities are generally much easier to walk around or bike around in. America is pretty much built so you have to drive everywhere.

10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Whenever I go to the US I'm always shocked to see the gas prices there, much better than here in England.
    Anyways, I'll keep paying no matter what it costs, cos I don't actually drive that much, so I don't need to refill often. And when I do need to drive, I need to drive.