How much would you pay for gas?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Swiftstrike, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I was reading an article awhile back when oil prices were hiking like crazy.

A study in the article asked people how much they would be willing to pay for gas before they began to seek alternative modes of transportation. Seeing as how gas is considered an inelastic good I was curious what you guys thought.

Americans in the study said they would pay 10-12 bucks a gallon before they considered alternative modes.

I would say for myself probably about 8 bucks a gallon before I would find another mode of transit.

Thoughts?

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't think I'd pay much more than $5 a gallon before I started looking a different job, where I could take the bus or something.

3. MasterChad

MasterChad Registered Member

hm.... if it got over 4.75$ i would really narrow down my driving or I would car pool... :D

4. kajinpl

kajinpl Registered Member

well it's like almost $3.00 a gallon around here. usually i put in like 10 to 15 buck to get me around for a while.

5. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

I hate paying for gas right now. Its near $2.87 and I probably would'nt pay past $4/$5 unless I had an energy effiecent car or a biodiesel.

6. Swiftstrike

I get about 30-33 per gallon in my corrolla 02 what are you getting Italiano?

7. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

This is my car.

[​IMG]

Its a 1993 Arrest-Me-Red Camaro V6 3.0 Liter and gets about 20-23 miles per gallon. Not exactly the most economically feasible car, though it still gets me from A to B.

8. Hinata

Hinata La Coquette

The highest I can see myself paying is about $5-6/gallon... no more than that though. Especially if my job does not pay well! But with housing how it is too I may heave to move on to getting a bicycle.. No car period.. lol

9. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

$3.50-$4 and that's about it. Yeah I have a car and my allowance only allows for so much in the gas tank. Plus common sense kicks in that if it gets any higher then it about time to car pool and whoever rides has to contribute on the gas money or it's walking or hitch hiking for them!

10. Swiftstrike

U can drive thought you were like 15?