How much would this cost?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by pikachu1, Jun 17, 2009.

1. pikachu1

pikachu1 Registered Member

If I went to the dentist to get my cavity filled how much can I expect to pay? I drew a pic of how the tooth looks so you can figure how much needs to be filled. I don't have any insurance and am worried I can't afford it which is why I didn't try to go earlier. However, now the pain is bad everyday and i can't stand it. I checked out the tooth using one of those little dental mirrors so i know how bad the damage is at least on the surface.

Attached Files:

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Chances are nobody here will know this off the top of their head. Could be several hundred up to a thousand dollars or so would be my guess. Dental work isn't cheap by any means.

3. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I recently had dental work done, and since I don't have dental insurance, I paid for it. I had to pay hundreds of dollars, but I had multiple tiny cavities, in stead of one large one.

The thing is, if you don't get it taken care of, it will get even worse.

4. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

It depends on where you go. There are some places like dental colleges where you can get a student, supervised by a dentist, to fix you up. That's usually a bit cheaper. My mom went to one, but she was just having a tooth pulled. Honestly, if you don't take care of it soon, based on your drawing, you'll have to get that thing pulled. That's what happened with my mom.

Plus, rotting teeth poison your blood and can make you very sick.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

that's what I'm doing - I need a crown and I don't have dental coverage so I'm going to the dental school at the University of Michigan. It's about half the cost of a regular dentist.

If that's not an option for you, then call around to local dentist offices and tell them about your situation and see if any of them will work with you on a payment plan. good luck

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

It will cost approximately $320-380 depending on the dentist.

7. pikachu1

pikachu1 Registered Member

I went to the dentist and he put a filling there. He said that I need a root canal and then a crown. He said the total would be about $1500 for everything since I don't have insurance. I have no clue how the hell I can pay for all that since I can barely afford rent and bills.