• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How much time do you spend alone?

Bliss

Sally Twit
Do you always make time for yourself or are you constantly surrounded by people?
I know some of you are parents so it's hard to have any time to yourself.. But do you make the time?

I always take at least an hour a day to myself. My boyfriend and I will do a lot of things together but also make time for ourselves. I like knowing he is just in the other room if I need him and vice versa.
Although the majority of our interests are the same, we have a few separate hobbies/interests.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I hardly get any time to myself at all, and whatever time I do get to myself is going to disappear once I start my job.

Hopefully, though, it will also mean that I can move to a place of my own and reclaim my every-other-weekend.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I try to have at least one day a week on my own, if it is fishing or just out and about.
Before I became a father I was solitary person, always more comfortable on my own than in the company of others, since having kids that changed but I do find that without time on my own I can go a little crazy.

Even if means just takin a walk through the streets in the early hours, it still eases my mind.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I live alone so I do have a lot of "alone time."

I like my alone time and after being at work all day and being out going and talkative it's nice to come home and just relax a little bit.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I was out with friends last night which was nice and I do enjoy spending time with them but today I had a day to myself watching the F1, played on my xbox and went for a walk around my local park listening to some new podcasts, I enjoy being with people but sometimes I like to be alone.

stripes

Registered Member
I only usually get a few hours a week alone, at best, but I value those hours when I do. I'm a 'home' person. I'm not keen on going out if I can avoid it, so it's only if my partner goes out that I usually get a little time to myself in a week - and that's rare. I also have a part-time job that gets me out of the house for a few hours a fortnight, but I'm still with people, then.

Last edited:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
As I have grown up, I've came to realise that I value my alone time more than anything which these days, I barely get. I just love being alone in my room, watching a movie, on the internet. I prefer it over going out with my mates.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I live with my brother so a lot of times he's there at the house with me. But often times he works when I'm not working or he goes to his fiancees house so I do get to have some alone time. On weekends, it will be really rare that I'll be alone, and personally I like it that way. I'm not a big fan of doing nothing on weekends, which is why I'm always going out or hanging out with some friends.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
Having a 7 month old makes it really tough to get alone time. I have pool league monday and thursday nights and that helps me "clear and recharge" so to speak. I normally find a few hours a day to be a lone, via staying up late.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I spend a lot of time on my own out of choice. I enjoy spending time on my own and being home alone in the house. I could go a very long time just with myself home alone. I do go stir crazy after a while though and will need to see people, but I could easily go up to one or two weeks alone.