• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How much longer does Wade Phillips last?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
As you know already, I'm a huge Dallas Cowboys fan, and coming into the season, Wade Phillips was on the coaching hot seat. The Cowboys are off to a bad start at 1-4, and they've made some bad calls all year.

In your opinion how much longer does Jerry Jones wait till he fires this guy? Making the playoffs after a 1-4 start isn't an easy task.

N0v1c3

I guess until they can discipline themselves and avoid silly mistakes (such as celeb. penalty). Used to love D Boyz during Aikman & Smith era. Now, they are the opp of my long lifetime fav team (B&G) : 4-1 :)

Konshentz

Konshentz
This season is definitely his last with the Cowboys but I expect him to be the coach until the end of the season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I expect him to be the coach till seasons end too. Jerry Jones came and said that he won't fire him during the regular season.

Personally I think he should of been fired after yesterday's loss against the Vikings. I don't believe he has control of his players anymore. He's made way to many mistakes and his team isn't winning.

When it does happen, I really hope that Jason Garrett will be given a chance to be the Head Coach of this football team. He has a real understanding of this game and how it's supposed to be played.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Phillips is on until the end of the season. You cannot bring on a new coach mid-season and expect any success.

While Ol' Wade will get fired at the end of the season, I don't think he is really at fault here. It is a combination of things, but so far, it's been the offense more then the defense responsible for losses. Phillips is a defensive guy and he has that side of the ball playing good. It's too bad for the defense because they deserved to win yesterday.

I do not understand all the Jason Garrett love. To me, he has continued to underperform with the talent in front of him on offensive ever since Jerry Jones handed him full control of that side of the ball. I do not think he is head coach material, but I would not be shocked if he becomes the successor.