How much is too much for a pram?

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
Sophie has seen one for £710 but I thought that was too much. Apparently it's not so who's right?

Bliss

Sally Twit
That is a heck of a lot to pay for a pram but if she has that to spare then fair enough. I don't know how much they are but I wouldn't expect to pay more than £100 for a decent one. Maybe I am wrong?

wolfheart

Registered Member
Are you talking about a real pram or a travel style pushchair?.
I got a travel system for my boy, the car seat attached to the buggy which made things alot easier.
That does seem like a lot of cash in my mind though Wes, you can get a decent travel system for half that, leaving the rest to spend on clothes and such.

Another thing to consider is what age what ever you choose caters for, I have friends who spent that kind of money and the kid grew of out of it in just over a year.

The one I got for the boy was a shade under 295 and lasted for two years.

Bananas

Endangered Species
£710 is a very lot for a pram.

Expect to pay £60-£400 dependent on features and quality. Unless you have cash to burn then the £300 you could save could probably be a lot better spent.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Wow that's really expensive.

I think the max for reasonable price for me would be about 200.

Also, like Wolfheart said, they tend to outgrow them fast and they can become unusable rapidly.

It really depends upon what you want in your pram (Stroller, as we call them). You can get an umbrella-style for not that much money...

Or, if you want to get something more involved, you can do that as well.

I'm not totally fluent in £ to $ speak, but that does seem like a lot. But hey, do what works.