How much does this sound romatic

Critter

Registered Member
Yea i know a lot might say these are just words but these should be common things men should be doing for there gf/wife

1. Open doors for the lady and move her chair so she can sit,
2. take jacket (if indoors or give her one if she cold and does not have one.
3. buy flowers and chocolates (as long as she not allergic to them not when you got her upset but just show your love and i mean more than once a month surprise her with them no matter what day it is.

4. walk down at park for the night or sun set or sunrise

Now this is where it gets more personal i think

5. sing a song for her
6. decanted a song for her
7. remember the important dates
8. When you ready tell her how much you love her
9. take her out for a moive or dinner
10. let her spend some time alone with her gf
11. give her a shoulder to cry on
12. listen to her

Those are the things men should all do. Ladies do you agree? :cute:

Bliss

Sally Twit
1. Open doors for the lady and move her chair so she can sit
Opening the door for me is nice and polite, as is moving my chair but I'd rather move the chair on my own.

2. take jacket (if indoors or give her one if she cold and does not have one.)
I'd rather take off my own jacket and if I didn't have one and was cold then it'd be my own fault. I wouldn't expect him to give me his.

3. buy flowers and chocolates (as long as she not allergic to them not when you got her upset but just show your love and i mean more than once a month surprise her with them no matter what day it is.)
I'd rather just have an apology if he's upset me. Chocolates and flowers doesn't make up for anything. It's cliché.
Surprise me as often as you like but bring me flowers then I'm going to think he's guilty of something.

4. walk down at park for the night or sun set or sunrise
I like to go for a nice walk with him any time of the day. It doesn't matter where.

5. sing a song for her
No thanks. I'd just sit there laughing.

6. decanted a song for her

I don't know what that means.

7. remember the important dates

Of course! Especially my Birthday.

8. When you ready tell her how much you love her
I like him to tell me he loves me out the blue.

9. take her out for a moive or dinner

Yes or just watch a movie together at home and eat together. He doesn't have to spend too much money to make me happy.

10. let her spend some time alone with her gf
Of course. We don't have to spend every minute of the day together.

11. give her a shoulder to cry on
This is definitely important to me. It's nice to have a friend as well as a boyfriend.

12. listen to her
Are men capable of this? I thought they were still on the search for a cure.

I think that most of the things on this list come naturally if you care for someone. You shouldn't have to remind yourself to do nice things for someone, if you love them it should just be something you want to do, instead of only doing it because you should or it's expected. Apologies if you didn't mean it that way, it's not big deal, I'm just sayin'..

Anyway I'm bored too, so:
(haven't read Blissy's answers yet)

1. Open doors for the lady and move her chair so she can sit - Opening doors is common courtesy, I don't think it should be just guys doing it for their female partner. Everyone should do it for everyone.

2. take jacket (if indoors or give her one if she cold and does not have one) - I think it's sweet when a guy gives a girl his jacket, but if it were me personally, I'd probably feel bad cause now he's the cold one :lol:

3. buy flowers and chocolates - Cliché and unnecessary most of the time.. I mean, flowers are a nice touch but sadly they just scream "I'm in the dog house" haha. Otherwise, it's cute as a random surprise.

4. walk down at park for the night or sun set or sunrise - I like doing that anyway, so yeah, but I'm not sure it's everyone's cup of tea.

5. sing a song for her - I would not like someone to do this, because I cringe when people sing to me. Different story if they're trying to make me laugh, however.

6. decanted a song for her - not sure what you mean.

7. remember the important dates - Meh. If you can't remember the dates anyway then either a) you don't care enough or b) you're simply forgetful.

8. When you ready tell her how much you love her - The relationship can't progress otherwise.

9. take her out for a moive or dinner - Sure, if that's how you like to spend your time together.

10. let her spend some time alone with her gf - Personal space and some independence is very important, IMO. So yes.

11. give her a shoulder to cry on - Yeah. If she needs someone to talk to, the boyf is usually a good place to start.

12. listen to her
- That's a lot to ask for 24/7, because women talk a lot of bullshit, believe me. :hah: But I know what you mean.. so yes.

I suppose a huge part of relationships is finding out what makes the other person happy. I'd say that a number of things on your list are unnecessary if the girl isn't bothered about it or doesn't regard it as important. Some girls even get offended if a guy tries to take her coat or whatever.

Critter

Registered Member
I think that most of the things on this list come naturally if you care for someone. You shouldn't have to remind yourself to do nice things for someone, if you love them it should just be something you want to do, instead of only doing it because you should or it's expected. Apologies if you didn't mean it that way, it's not big deal, I'm just sayin'..

Anyway I'm bored too, so:
(haven't read Blissy's answers yet)

1. Open doors for the lady and move her chair so she can sit - Opening doors is common courtesy, I don't think it should be just guys doing it for their female partner. Everyone should do it for everyone.

2. take jacket (if indoors or give her one if she cold and does not have one) - I think it's sweet when a guy gives a girl his jacket, but if it were me personally, I'd probably feel bad cause now he's the cold one :lol:

3. buy flowers and chocolates - Cliché and unnecessary most of the time.. I mean, flowers are a nice touch but sadly they just scream "I'm in the dog house" haha. Otherwise, it's cute as a random surprise.

4. walk down at park for the night or sun set or sunrise - I like doing that anyway, so yeah, but I'm not sure it's everyone's cup of tea.

5. sing a song for her - I would not like someone to do this, because I cringe when people sing to me. Different story if they're trying to make me laugh, however.

6. decanted a song for her - not sure what you mean.

7. remember the important dates - Meh. If you can't remember the dates anyway then either a) you don't care enough or b) you're simply forgetful.

8. When you ready tell her how much you love her - The relationship can't progress otherwise.

9. take her out for a moive or dinner - Sure, if that's how you like to spend your time together.

10. let her spend some time alone with her gf - Personal space and some independence is very important, IMO. So yes.

11. give her a shoulder to cry on - Yeah. If she needs someone to talk to, the boyf is usually a good place to start.

12. listen to her
- That's a lot to ask for 24/7, because women talk a lot of bullshit, believe me. :hah: But I know what you mean.. so yes.

I suppose a huge part of relationships is finding out what makes the other person happy. I'd say that a number of things on your list are unnecessary if the girl isn't bothered about it or doesn't regard it as important. Some girls even get offended if a guy tries to take her coat or whatever.
I don;t think you ladies are getting the picture whatever

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I don;t think you ladies are getting the picture whatever

I was about to reply regarding the topic but when I saw what you said here to the others who replied, I don't really know what you're looking for as answers.

Critter

Registered Member
I was about to reply regarding the topic but when I saw what you said here to the others who replied, I don't really know what you're looking for as answers.
the point is there saying its unnecessary which is my point. it does not need a meaning to do someone to someone you love.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
the point is there saying its unnecessary which is my point. it does not need a meaning to do someone to someone you love.
You did ask:

They're just saying that some of those don't look "should" to them. So they disagreed. It just seemed that you're saying whoever disagrees with you is simply "not getting" it.

Anyway, going by your question on the title "how much does this sound romantic"... some of the things you listed are romantic for me. Some aren't romantic. Romantic for me implies something that you usually reserve for your partner. I'm not saying it's bad, in fact they're fine. It's just that some of the things you listed are what any gentleman or courteous person could do, or a close friend, and not necessarily a partner. And this removes the "romantic" notion for me.

Bananas

Endangered Species
...and vice-versa. I do not need to give flowers or chocolates, sing songs or open doors to express my love for someone.

Cliches are meaningless, love is unique so romance should remain original, if the best a man can do is buy flowers its no surprise divorce rates are so high.

Last edited:

Critter

Registered Member
...and vice-versa. I do not need to give flowers or chocolates, sing songs or open doors to express my love for someone.

Cliches are meaningless, love is unique so romance should remain original, if the best a man can do is buy flowers its no surprise divorce rates are so high.
Who decides what oringinal some people like change. and why is it only flowers? i never said you ahd to so your love this way. It just show how much effort your putting into.

jeeze go an attack me for making an opinion god people.
------
You did ask:

They're just saying that some of those don't look "should" to them. So they disagreed. It just seemed that you're saying whoever disagrees with you is simply "not getting" it.

Anyway, going by your question on the title "how much does this sound romantic"... some of the things you listed are romantic for me. Some aren't romantic. Romantic for me implies something that you usually reserve for your partner. I'm not saying it's bad, in fact they're fine. It's just that some of the things you listed are what any gentleman or courteous person could do, or a close friend, and not necessarily a partner. And this removes the "romantic" notion for me.
do you freaking people have to b so picky about wording geeze. this was all in fun till you all worrined it. thanks a lot :stare:

Last edited: