How much does caffeine effect you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Malificus, Sep 10, 2008.

?

How much does caffeine effect you?

1. I get jittery and shake

20.0%
  2. I can't sleep for 6 hours

30.0%
  3. It does nothing

70.0%
  4. It makes me sleepy

10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

After seeing like, 3 people talk about how coffee gets them completely wired, I'm left curious how many people are like that. |:

Personally the stuff has never done anything like that for me. Seriously, I've downed liters of caffeinated drinks and gone right to sleep. If I'm tired, and have a coffee, I'm still tired. One of my friends got sleepy because of the crash, but never got excited in the first place.

It can't just be that I've developed a tolerance to caffeine, because I drink enough to make up for that.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

It takes alot of coffee to get me wired, same with any caffeine drinks, now my wife can dink caffeine all day and go to sleep no prob.

So I guess it's all about how your body reacts to the stuff.

BTW Mt Dew= Liquid Crack

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I can't sleep if I have too much of it. I hate when I need to go to sleep, but had a caffeinated drink beforehand and I end up staying up for 3 more hours. D'oh! >.<;

4. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I'm not just talking a little for me, I've gone through 3 energy drinks in two hours, along with like, 4 sodas, and ended up just as tired as when I began.

5. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

You might have some form of ADHD.. in the case of someone's brain secreting too much upper chemicals, adding stimulants to the body has the counter effect.

Unless your used to drinking allot of caffeinated drinks like me that has to be the case. I've been drinking about 2-liters of soda a day since I was 11 but I still feel minor effects of caffeine.

6. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I have been diagnosed with adhd (so had my friend actually). And it can't be I'm just used to it because it's never done anything for me. And I don't have withdrawals when I go without caffeine. So that's probably it.

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Before I changed my eating/drinking habits I really put my body through some uncomfortable caffeine levels. I'd drink energy drinks like they were water; Amps, Red Bull, Monster, Ballz, the list goes on and on.

Red bull is probably the best. I could drink it and it would perk me up but wouldnt jitter me at all.

Coffee doesnt bug me unless I drink ungodly amounts of it on an empty stomach. Espresso on the other hand is good stuff. About 4 will make me jittery anything more than that and I'm on the verge of Cardiac Arrest.

VPX REDLINE® RTD

That stuff is practically liquid cocaine. A half a bottle of that and I am wired all day. The first time I bought one the guy behind the counter told me "Read the Label! When I drank it, I drank the whole thing and was up for 3 days!" hahaha Its no sh!t either, Red Line is some Powerful stuff.

8. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

Plus they prescribe Ritalin, wich is a powerful upper, to people with ADHD to help calm them down. It might actually be taking from your energy.
    ------
    Sounds Vedinice.. Too bad my work network has "Supplements and Unregulated compounds" blocked or I would check out the site.

The shit this damn "web sense" shit deems not acceptable to read at work is freaking hilarious.

9. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I've never had enough caffeine to make me weird so I voted that it does nothing.

I pretty much don't have any caffeine, no soda, no coffee, candy, etc.

10. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

One cup of coffee can keep me up longer than I wish to if I have it approx 2 hours before bed time.
    Other than that I don't feel a cup of coffee has any affect on me.
    I never drink more than a cup a day anyway, and mostly it's decaff so there ya have it.