How much do you trust your e-friends?

How much do you trust friends you meet on the internet?

• No really such thing as friends online.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not trusting, online or RL.

• Other answers.

• Total voters

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
For this scenario, think of the the people (you met online but have never met in RL) that you really are close with and not just anyone on your "friends list":

How much would/do you trust this e-friend?

1. There's no such thing as friends really when it comes to the internet.
2. I trust them only on e-affairs.
3. I trust them like or even more than my RL friends.
4. I'm not a trusting person really, even in RL.
5. I feel I can really trust my closest e-friends since we've known each other for a long time and shared a lot (despite not seeing face to face).
6. Others.

----------

I'm more #5 and so far I haven't been mistaken with my choices for close e-friends. Now, I'll see if it still holds true next month. :lol:

I'm pretty much #5 as well. I'm not real keen on trusting people online, just on the basis that it is the internet after all. However, there are a select few that I count as true friends (or close e-friends) and I do trust them.

Hell one of them knows more about me than most people.

I wonder who that is...hm...

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Nanba two for me... (^_^')

I play with them, i chat, browse forums, but i wouldnt say there is a lot of trust necessary to do those things. I wouldn't tell anything other than superficial stuff about me.

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
#6. other. If you're my friend, you're my friend. Doesn't matter how I met you, I don't designate what type of friend someone is, and "someone I can trust" is part of my definition of a friend.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Hmm I'll be the first to admit that I come to the internet strictly for me and me alone. I'm not here for the benefit of anyone or to exploit anyone really. So naturally I have to assume that Number Two is my sort of Default set up on my mind. I'll trust E-Friends with E-Stuff and we'll leave it like that.

However, on the rare occasion I've tested the waters with select E-Friends as a sense to sort of make that Friendship a tad more than just E-Related stuff. So there are a few people out there, mostly from here on GF (If you think its you chances are very high it is) that I trust just as much as I would a RL friend. Basically I'm comfortable discussing my RL with them and would be happy to offer any type of honest advice I can if they asked and vice versa.

So me, I'm about generally a 2, but will go to a 3 if I choose to.

A mixture of 5 & 6.. I have issues with the word 'trust' so I can't really say haha (in that I need a specific definition), but there are definately friends online that I hold to higher regard than friends I have... irl. Man I hate saying that :lol:

potterychic

Registered Member
I would have to say #4. I trust people to a certain extent. I don't even trust my best friend in RL completly. people aren't like they used to be. :(

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I'm about a 2 and 4. I don't know anyone on the internet well enough to share anything major from my real life, so it stays to internet affairs. I find it hard to trust people in RL as it is, so the same barrier stands with people on the internet.

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
A mixture of 5 & 6.. I have issues with the word 'trust' so I can't really say haha (in that I need a specific definition), but there are definately friends online that I hold to higher regard than friends I have... irl. Man I hate saying that :lol:
You've sold your e-soul! :lol:

I guess I don't need to wait for next month to test. I might meet up a close e-friend next week!