How much do you love someone (hypothetical Question)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigBlue, Aug 21, 2008.

1. BigBlue

BigBlue ----------------------

This question is really random but I found it strangely interesting when I was talking about it to my friend, here's the question:
    Would you sacrifice your life for the person that you love the most in the world, the love of your life. Pretend you were put in a situation to decide between the life of your own or the one that you love. That being said, if you pick yourself to die, you go straight to hell and no one would remember what you have done, not even the one that you love. If you don't pick yourself well then, the other person dies and he/she also goes straight to hell, but you will always live with the burden of knowing you chose them to die instead.

I only added the last part because otherwise people would usually give up their life if all they do is die and go to heaven right? and be remembered as a good person. This is a little more twisted, Remember its hell...
    YES i know the question is REALLY stupid but I'm really curious on this.

Its only hypothetical too...

2. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

Give up my life,they may not remember but i would.
    A good enough reason for me!.
    At least in hell i would still have friends to talk to,thats where everyone says were heading.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

You're right. If you didn't add the last part, I'd answer give up my life right away. With that clause, I had to think twice. :lol: Anyway, I think I'll still give up my life. It doesn't matter if they didn't know I sacrificed my life for them as long as they remember who I was and my other influence in their life. I've been good enough without having to be a martyr. Going to hell doesn't bother me as much as the dilemma of wanting to stay for my other loved ones who still need me (kids come to mind).

4. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I would most definitely give up my life.. I don't care if people remember me or not.. and well I don't believe in a hell, but I'll play along. I would be more than willing to go through everything you listed to die for my loved one. Without a second thought.

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'd sacrifice my own life for Syndicate without a doubt. I wouldn't care what would happen to me. If I had control over his life I would do everything I could to save it.

6. SunflowerSmiley

SunflowerSmiley Registered Member

Jeez the only thing that would hold me back is if they WOULD remember me. If they don't then I know they won't miss me. I'd give up my own life, hell or no hell.

7. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

Have fun down there babe! No takesies backsies!! lolol

No I would do the same, without question. They wouldn't even have to ask me. They wouldn't even have to leave their home in Nottingham or wherever Hell is. I would be on the first train down.