TV How much do you get into it?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Let's say your a huge follower of this television show, it's your favorite one. How much do you actually get into the show, is there a point and time where you believe the show is actually true? When something dramatic happens like someone dies or something of that nature, do you feel sad? When you talk about the show with someone else, do you talk as if it really happened?

So how much do you get into your favorite shows?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Yes I can really get in to some shows. Six Feet Under for example.. I cried so much over that show. I adored all of the characters and if any of them ever left the show it really got to me. All of the characters made the show what it was and it was a shame when any of them were killed off.

3. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I get really into it WHILE watching it, but talking about it the next day, for instance, I don't talk about it like it's part of my life. But at the time of watching, I can get so in to it that I cry like a babyif someone gets hurt or dies. A side effect of not crying enough as a child, I suspect!!! :cry:

4. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Like CuriousGirl said, I get into the show while i'm watching it, so I might get sad, or angry, or happy when something happens to a character, but I don't go out believing anything in the show is true, or like...let it affect my life. The most drastic thing i'll do is miss going out so I can stay home to watch the show. But it's not like I go out often during the week, and that is generally when the only shows I watch are on.

5. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

If I do get into a show it's typically near the end especially right when you think someone is going to survive the show and they or someone they love gets killed off near the end or on the last episode.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I usually get really into a show after the first or second season and get bored around the 5th or 6th. I will still like the show, and watch it, but I'll start looking for something new to entertain me.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I've really gotten into a few shows, like The X-Files and The Shield... also some others like The O.C. and Rescue Me. Obviously I never think that they are real, but some things that happen during the course of the series will make me feel different emotions.

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Believe it or not I was pretty messed up on the inside during seasons 2 and 3 of Prison Break. The way some of the characters had their finales was pretty fucking tragic.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Lost and The Sopranos are the only shows I've ever gotten really into. Especially Lost. I never believe it's real or anything, but my eyes have definitely teared up a few times. It can definitely affect my emotions.