How much can you drink?

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Mirage, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

How much can you drink before you start to feel drunk? I don't drink much usually and I typically will only have a few drinks if I am at a party or something. I could probbly drink a lot more but I don't bother finding out. I don't like the idea of burning off all those extra calories the next day, for one. :lol:

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Depends what I am drinking. I have high tolerance, but I don't weigh very much. So it takes me about six or eight beers to start feeling it. I start getting drunk at ten. I don't really know the most I've dranked in one day. I dranked 32 beers in one day once. But I am sure I had more than that one day when I went to Cancun. It was unlimited booze, and I started drinking early in the morning till late at night.

3. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Before I start feeling drunk? Well, it depends on what I'm actually drinking. I can drink beer just fine, and it'll take maybe a couple of pints (averaging between two to four, depending on the variety, because of the different volume percentage) before I start to feel the effects, more depending on what kind of effect you're going for. :hah: Spirits though, now that's a different story. Obviously they're a lot stronger than beer, so to be quite honest I'm not sure how much before

When I used to go out regularly, I built up a fairly good resistance, if you'll call it that, to alchohol (mainly beer). Nowadays, I rarely drink, and when I do it's typically in small amounts. I could probably drink enough to hold my own, but not as much as I used to.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  4. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Never gotten drunk.
    Anyway, i start to feel uncomfortable in the 2nd bottle of beer.

5. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

I feel it after four glasses of wine. I try to enjoy my nights and remember it the next day. I don't drink to get drunk

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

heh, Been such a long time since I literally went out to get drunk or plastered. I'm not a huge beer guy, but when I have drank them before it was around the 6 pack count where my world starts spinning.

Back in the day when I thought drinking was the shit and I did way to much of it. I'd drink pretty much nothing but Jack and Tequila. I can say that I could take back somewhere between 3-6 shots of jack depending on if I'd eaten something that day and maintain myself. I know that 'cause that was a game we'd play at my country school... starting the day off with a Hat trick or two of Jack on a foggy day.

7. Babe_Ruth

A couple of years ago when I got home from a big night of drinking and went to bed, my head would start spinning, but it doesn't happen anymore. When I get home, I stagger in my bed, I usually just past out with my clothes on. Then I pay for it the next morning.

It takes me a bit to get going, I can easily drink one beer under five seconds, but if I am going to drink a lot. I'll be slow with the first three, then on my fourth or fifth a second gear hits, and I go pretty fast.

8. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

I'm thinking a six-pack of beer, plus a maintenance drink every hour following would probably make for a rather entertaining evening, whilst minimalizing the consequences the next day.

9. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Oh that's right, I always forget that you guys have the tiny cans. For a minute there I was like ":tic: :headscratch:". :lol:

10. Babe_Ruth

What do you mean by tiny cans? Our bottles are 341ml and our cans are 355ml(but we have larger ones as well, up to one 1.75L). I can also finish a pint under five second, which is the same size as your pints. What size are your bottles and cans of beer?