How Men Really Feel about thier bodies

DextersPlace

Registered Member
Read an article on MSN titled " How Men Really Feel About Their Bodies". I thought that I would see how the men on this forum feel about their bodies and the article. If women want to comment, well there is no way to stop you so have at it.

Myself, I am ok with my body but I also just lost 35lbs also. I need to lose 20 more to releve pressure on my back and I would look better losing 20 more lbs. I am 6'1" and 220 so I am not huge but I could be a bit more fit.

Guys, men up and let us know how you feel.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
It's not really surprising that men are beginning to feel this way.

I mean I 24 like 5"6 and 175 (I lost 15 lbs from May) and I lift wts regularly but I have never been satisfied with how I look. It's my main motivation to keep going. To get more muscle and trim the fat although now that I am back to less than what I weighed in college I am unsure how much more wt. I want to lose.

I think though it is important to develop good habits early and most people I know coming out of college don't. Some of my friends have exploded in wt. since graduating.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I'm not bothered with how my body looks. I may not have a large muscle mass, but I'm pretty slim. Overall, I'm fine with how I look.

I want to gain more muscle mass and strength so I won't get pushed around anymore while defending taller players. I lift weights for athletic purposes. It just so happens that the perfect body for me, is one that looks good but is also good for basketball.

I've lost 28 lbs since last october and buffed up a bit. I gained about 4" vertical leap in the last 5 months. I could have gained more inches on my leap but cardio and rest are important too. I need to lose about 10 lbs more because I still have fat in the abdominal area.

Last edited:

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
I'll be the first girl to chime in and I say that men should be concerned about how they look just like women. Why is it fair that a guy can hit 45 and have extra weight and take less pride in their appearance and, eh, no big deal, he's just aging, yet a woman is expected to stay looking young, skinny and beautiful. If I'm going to put in the effort to make myself attractive for my husband and keep myself that way, he better put forth the effort too.

I'm not saying I expect all men to be in perfect shape and have awesome bodies, but take care of yourself, eat healthy, exercise, have good grooming habits, things like that.

I don't know Kiwi. I take care of myself, just for myself. Naturally I'd appreciate being with someone who feels the same but I wouldn't expect it of them.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'll be the first girl to chime in and I say that men should be concerned about how they look just like women. Why is it fair that a guy can hit 45 and have extra weight and take less pride in their appearance and, eh, no big deal, he's just aging, yet a woman is expected to stay looking young, skinny and beautiful. If I'm going to put in the effort to make myself attractive for my husband and keep myself that way, he better put forth the effort too.

I'm not saying I expect all men to be in perfect shape and have awesome bodies, but take care of yourself, eat healthy, exercise, have good grooming habits, things like that.
Are you serious? Pick up a men's magazine and look at the advertising. Rogaine, penis enhancements, vitamins, ED medication, guys are pressured, too. Also, men are held up to standards of wisdom and respect whereas women tend to be held up to standards of beauty and grace. Thus, appearances matter in different ways. For a guy, gray hair and wrinkles means experience and intellect. For a woman, it means the end of her prime (and in this sick world, her usefullness). It's how society views genders.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member

Well I agree with Constantine's point. Actually men are finding increasing pressure to look good at a more accelerated rate than women IMO. I know going to the gym regularly that most men (even the ones that are in healthy or in fit shape) are constantly trying to improve themselves. That's good but they are becoming workout-addicts.

Basically if they don't look like Abercrombie and Fitch models they are not satisfied.

Just go to D-Town to a club in Cleveland on a saturday all the men there look the same...

DextersPlace

Registered Member
I seem to have sparked a small debate on the matter. I think we all need to care for our bodies and learn good habits for ourselves and for our kids ( if you plan on having some ). Constantine is right though, the pressures that both sexes are held to are different. However, we all want to look sexy and attractive when we are single and looking. When we all get married, I think we stop caring about our looks and thats when our health goes out the window.