How materialistic are you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Major, Jul 6, 2008.

?

how materialistic are you?

1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

3.8%
  3. 8

19.2%
  4. 7

23.1%
  5. 6

19.2%
  6. 5

3.8%
  7. 4

19.2%
  8. 3

7.7%
  9. 2

3.8%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

On a scale of 1-10, how important are material things to you?

I'd say I'm about a 3. I rarely buy anything I don't need.

ysabel and Doc like this.

2. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I'd probably say a 5 or 6 (I voted 6), I like having things, but am willing to give up other things to get the stuff I really want. For instance, we bought an adequate house that could last us a very long time, giving us more money for toys (ATV's, trips, cameras, computers, etc) as we progress through life.

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I picked seven. I've never hidden the fact that I like to have nice things. I have earned and enjoy the thousands of dollars of stuff that I own but am completely aware that I could live without it and that the money could have been better spent elsewhere.

And I do spend my money for reasons other than myself. I never had nice things growing up. I lived in a ghetto between three houses. I see my things as something I've achieved through my own hard work and desires.

So I think that a seven is perfect. I could live without the things I own, choose not to, and I'm alright with that.

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I picked 7 because I earned and paid for every damn thing I have with no help from anyone. I learned at a very young age that if I wanted anything I was going to have to find the means to get it myself and I do although as of late I haven't really bought anything worthwhile. Now worthwhile to me is electronics. Clothes and what not aren't high priority tickets in my mind.

5. Lithium

Lithium Registered Member

Most objects I'd be okay without...I'm kinda materalistic when it comes to people though :3 so 4

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I picked 9.

I think although my materialistic phase will be ending soon.

Either when I fall in love or find something more meaningful in life.

I am sure the freedom of moving out will be up there.

Major likes this.
  7. sokar

sokar Registered Member

I'd say an 8. Material things aren't everything, however they are nice. I do like to have nice things and save up for them.

8. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

there are a couple material things I couldn't live without, I won't lie. my laptop, piano, etc. everything I use to create art in its many forms.

so I'm gonna put in a 7.

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

6. I like owning nice things. It makes life better, but I make sure I don't go overboard with it since I know it's just a material item and money can be better spent elsewhere.

10. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I like most people like owning nice things. There are some things I have that I wouldn't want to live without. I could live with out them but I wouldn't want to. So I voted 7.