How many TV sets do you have?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ysabel, Aug 25, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

And if there are more people at home who watch TV than the number of TV sets you have, do you fight about what you will watch? :lol:

We used to have one telly and 4 people with different tastes in TV shows/movies. We always argued what what to watch (dvd, tv show - and which ones). One time we had to draw lots on who gets to pick. :rofl: Finally we decided on a "fair" schedule on who gets priority (decision) at certain times of the day.

Now we've got 3 three sets and several computers that play DVDs. I get to decide what to watch on the telly in our bedroom. My husband decides what to watch in the living room TV. My son has his own telly (mainly for watching videos) and my stepdaughter who visits us sometimes would just use the computers to watch movies. Problem solved.

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I have one big TV in the living room and a small TV in the dining room. I've also got the computer too. The smaller TV rarely gets used as me and Syndicate usually agree on what to watch. If he's watching Football I am usually on the PC though. :lol:

3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

We have two LCD TVs, one in the family room that's mostly my domain, and another in the TV/Computer room that my parents mostly use. We used to have three, but my sister left so we chucked it out when it stopped working.

In our other home, we just have one. We tend to do other things there anyways.

4. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I have 1 tv at my apartment that is mine, but there are at least 3 more between my roommates, though I never use those. My mom has one at her house, and my dad has 2 at his place. |:

My tv is almost exclusively for video games for two reasons.

1. I don't have cable
    2. I watch movies on my laptop usually

5. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

There are 3 in this place living room,kids bedroom,ex's bedroom.The living room one is mostly put on as background noise for the kids while they play!

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yeah, that too. My husband also thinks the TV is a radio he must switch on even if he's not watching.

7. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

lol.My dad is the same im sure he thinks if the tv is not switched on in the morning it will sulk and refuse to work for the rest of the day!.

8. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I have a big TV in the living room, a 13 in above my monitor in the computer room and another one in my bedroom. Then I just gave one away to the Kidney Foundation and have another one in the closet I still need to cart over there with another computer base and some more clothes.

9. Sim

Sim Registered Member

I have a large, 25 years old 3:4 tube TV in my living room. Since I'm living alone, that's more than enough. But I also have two computers, a desktop and a notebook I can watch DVDs on.

When I visit my parents, there is a very old, small black/white-TV in my old room.

10. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I don't get why parents give their kids TV sets in their own room. They will never leave it then with all that stuff in there. The only thing I was allowed in my room growing up was a radio. I've known friends who load up their kids with everything including TV, radio, game player and computer. What's up with that?