• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How many languages do you speak?

Sabby

English is my mother tongue. I also speak French and both the provincial and federal governments have me recognized as bi-lingual.

I know a bit of Spanish. I know a couple words in Russian, German and Japanese....but not enough to have any form of a conversation

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I used to know a little bit of Bulgarian. Not a whole lot, but enough to talk to girls ;)

I actually used to be able to understand the gist of what someone was saying when they were using sign language when I studied ASL in college, but I've lost most of it nowadays. I was never fluent enough to respond but I could understand it when I saw it.

Sabby

BJBirdy said:
I used to know a little bit of Bulgarian. Not a whole lot, but enough to talk to girls ;)

I actually used to be able to understand the gist of what someone was saying when they were using sign language when I studied ASL in college, but I've lost most of it nowadays. I was never fluent enough to respond but I could understand it when I saw it.
All you need to know in any language is, where's the bathroom, where's the beer and where are the girls :D

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Sabby said:
BJBirdy said:

All you need to know in any language is, where's the bathroom, where's the beer and where are the girls :D
In Bulgarian, I can still tell a girl that I'm going to forcefully put my erect penis in her mouth :eek: I also know how to tell her that she's beautiful....and that I'd like to sleep with her :oops:

Sabby

BJBirdy said:
Sabby said:
BJBirdy said:

In Bulgarian, I can still tell a girl that I'm going to forcefully put my erect penis in her mouth :eek: I also know how to tell her that she's beautiful....and that I'd like to sleep with her :oops:

If I ever go to Bulgaria, I'll be needing that translation

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Sabby said:
BJBirdy said:

If I ever go to Bulgaria, I'll be needing that translation
The first one is "da ti nabia ulio fustata." I had to write it phonetically since they use a different alphabet. Let me know how it goes for you ;)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm fully bilingual. My mother tongue is French but I mostly speak English these days. I still have a bit of an accent, but it's not as bad as it used to be.

It's very important to be bilingual in Ottawa when it comes for work.

willge87

Registered Member
Bizzy said:
I'm fully bilingual. My mother tongue is French but I mostly speak English these days. I still have a bit of an accent, but it's not as bad as it used to be.

Mais oui! Which is why it was bloody useless when I graduated from the University of Ottawa with a B. Comm because I still only spoke one language. Wasn't going to find a job in Ottawa being unilingual.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Bizzy said:

Not to be a dick, but is it hard to say "Adirondack" with a French accent? The reason I ask is because my friend was talking to Stephane Veilleux a couple years ago and Veilleux was trying to say that they were on their way to Adirondack to play. But his accent was so thick that he couldn't for the life of him pronounce it. He kept say "Ad...Adir...Adir...Adiron..." before my friend said "Adirondack?" to which Veilleux just smiled and said "yes."