• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How many different types of pets have you had?

How many different types of pets have you had?

• Total voters

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
How many different types of pets have you had in your life?

I have had:

Dogs
Guinea Pigs
Rabbits
Hamsters
Gerbils
Mice
Chipmunks
Pocket Gopher
Lizards
Snakes
Fish
Crabs
Turtles
Salamanders
Frogs
Insects/Arachnids (ants mostly but I had a praying mantis for a while too and a few spiders)

Yes, I am a serious animal lover. :)

I've never had cats or birds. I think those are the two main ones I've missed out on (so far).

viLky

ykLiv
- 2 Dogs
- 2 Cats

Last week my 14 year old cat got killed by a coyote. *cries*

Now I'm down to one cat.

...yeah. I'm down to one cat and it'll be my last pet. I'm not really a nurturing type person anymore, so, after I'm finish taking care of this animal, I won't be getting anymore. :eek:

Minimint1

Registered Member
I have a long list:

- Turtles
- Rabbits
- Dogs
- Cats
- Birds (lots of different types)
- Fish
- Frogs
- Rats
- Guinea Pigs
- And my favourite at the moment a Koala*

*Normally your not allowed to keep Koala's but we found a baby one in the pouch of a dead mother and we took it to the RSPCA. They said we could keep it until it's older if we liked, so we did. It is sooo cute, I'll take a picture and show you guys.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
- And my favourite at the moment a Koala*

*Normally your not allowed to keep Koala's but we found a baby one in the pouch of a dead mother and we took it to the RSPCA. They said we could keep it until it's older if we liked, so we did. It is sooo cute, I'll take a picture and show you guys.
That is really cool, Mini! I'd love to see a photo.

I've had 3 types of pets
Hamsters
Fish (Don't really consider them pets though)
Cats

Minimint1

Registered Member
This was just after we bottle milk fed it.

Baby Koala's in the wild usually cling to the mother for warmth and protection so without the mother they need a lot of care.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
Thats so cute mint!

Pets

Fish
Birds
Cats
Rabits

Minimint1

Registered Member
Yeah, unfortunately they get a little feisty when they grow up, and they grow up pretty fast. When she's 14 months we have to contact the RSPCA and either give it to them to release into the wild or have somebody come along with us when we realease it. I dread the day :(.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
Yeah, unfortunately they get a little feisty when they grow up, and they grow up pretty fast. When she's 14 months we have to contact the RSPCA and either give it to them to release into the wild or have somebody come along with us when we realease it. I dread the day :(.
How old is it?

Minimint1

Registered Member
We don't know the exact age but the people at RSPCA said around 4 months, so we've got less than a year.