How many books do you read each year?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not talking about school books either unless they are actual books people would read without being in school. (Curriculum books don't count)

I currently read NONE per year, but I'm hoping to change that. :lol:

How many do you read per year and are you happy with your answer?

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
I usually read about 5 or 6 new books a year, not including manga. I re-read books like no one's business. I am very pleased with my answer.

Yeah it varies a lot. Last year (well,2007) and the year before I read loads, they are the years I found most of what are now my favourite books. But 2008 was a slooow year for reading, and 2009 has been even worse so far lol. I'm reading a book at the moment and I think it's the first one of the year :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'm not particularly happy with that because I'm on a gap year at the moment with heaps of free time, I should have got round to way more reading!

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm not talking about school books either unless they are actual books people would read without being in school. (Curriculum books don't count)

I currently read NONE per year, but I'm hoping to change that. :lol:

How many do you read per year and are you happy with your answer?
Seriously? None?

It varies from one year to another. Last year I had 6 maybe. It was fine but I read them back to back. Like what I said in the other thread here, I go through reading phases. So I read those books in less than 2 months and then I had the rest of the year without reading any book.

It's March now and I haven't read a single book, just my magazines.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
No more than five books a year. This year, I've read none..last year was about 10 or so, I read 4 books in the plane itself.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I read probably about 12 books per year, with leisure reading (that's a minimal) and school, I'll read 12 since summer reading is a pain and they give you like 6 books to read.

I'll admit that I don't really like reading that much, I'm partial to writing, of course i realize that it's necessary to read in order to improve writing skills.

ScottOnly

Registered Member
I currently read about 10 books a year. It seems that I'm always in the middle of reading something. Some say I read alot but personally I don't think that 10 books is much at all really. I love reading just about as much as I do surfing the internet. To each his own I suppose.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Honestly, there's no set amount for me. I do read a good few though. I love to read, and basically I start a new book right after I finish the last one usually, but right now I'm not reading as much as I normally do.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
It really varies for me. There isnt really a set amount for me either.

I would say perhaps 10 books a year would be an average. I havent read any this year so far! It's quite a poor show for me.