• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss How many books do you read at a time?

whiteraven

Registered Member
Not sure if this has been asked before. I know for myself that I've actually read 4 or 5 books at a time. I know it can be hard to keep track of what you are reading.

Haw many books have you guys read at one time? Is it hard to keep track of what your reading?

Elanor

Registered Member
I can have up to 4 on the go at the same time. I find it quite easy to remember what is happening in most books. If the plot is quite complex I might have to flick back a few pages if I pick it up after I have been reading another book. I currently have 3 I am reading, but it will soon be 4 as I need to start the current book for the GF book club.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
A few times, if I can remember, I read like 2 books at a time. Right now, I only read one book at a time so I can know what a specific story or subject is about.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I generally read only 1 book at a time, but I have been known to read 2. However, I always pick something I have read before if I'm reading more than one book at a time, so I don't get confused.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I find myself reading multiple books at the same time, it's probably why I don't finish as many as I'd would like. I set out to read just one book book, but something else seems to always catch my eye.

dDave

V.I.P.
I really like to immerse myself in the story if I'm reading a book, that doesn't work well if I'm reading multiple books at a time.

I prefer to read one book at a time, it just feels odd to me to have an unfinished book and decide to start on another one. It's not that I would have trouble remembering what happened in the story or anything, but books are written with a high level of variance when it comes to styling, part of why I read is to learn this styling technique. When I read several books at once it's hard to keep track of this styling.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Right now I read one book at a time. I used to read 6 or 7 at once. I would have a huge pile next to my bed all with bookmarks in them. I always started new ones before I finished old ones and sometimes I wouldn't end up finishing others. So for the last few years I've been much more strict on myself and am only reading one at a time and not starting a new one until I finish a current one. I find it much more enjoyable that way.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
At anyone time I usually have three at my bed depending on my mood and what I feel like reading that evening, I need to get more books, right now I have these three next to my bed:

All three in someone represent what I either enjoy or wish to know about when it comes to reading.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I might buy more than one but I like to read only one at a time. If its a good book I don't want to start on another one until I have finished that one. If I tried to read more than one I know I wouldn't finish them.

wopthedo

Registered Member
I find myself reading multiple books at the same time, it's probably why I don't finish as many as I'd would like. I set out to read just one book book, but something else seems to always catch my eye.
You mean you have 2 or more books open and you read one sentence on one, then flit to book no 2 and read a sentence of that - is that it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dabs Reading 20
Mirage Reading 28
EndWinterRomance Reading 44
Iris Reading 31
R Reading 25