How Many Books Do You Own??

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Dabs, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

I see from the books topics area, a lot of people are readers, I should be more of one~
    I have an addiction to buying books.
    Not paperbacks, or yard sale ones, but actually going to Books-A-Million or Barnes and Noble, and purchasing new books, and only hardcovers.
    I only read non-fiction, so my book collection has several books on forensics, true crime, crime scene investigations, real life murder stories, and many autobiographies.
    If it's not real, it's a waste of my time, I'm not going to read it.
    I have lots of books on the Scott and Laci Peterson case, the Natalee Holloway case, the Terri Schiavo case....and many many books on forensics science, and autopsy books.
    My problem is tho, I never read many of them.
    It's a great feeling to walk out of the book store with a new book, I glance thru it, and bring it home and place it among my many others :)
    Someday I reckon, I will begin to read them, I have enough to last a lifetime I'm sure ~LoL~
    Some people say I have a small library myself, at last count, I was right around having 400 hardcover books to my name~

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

That's about how many I have, about 400. They are mostly nonfiction, history books, biographies, law books, or books in economics. I have a few classics like Tom Sawyer, The Grapes of Wrath, and some leatherbound works of Shakepeare and Edgar Allan Poe. I've read about half of them. One of the books I'm reading now I remember buying about 10 years ago.

3. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

I wish I could make myself just sit..and read *ha*
    But I can't sit still long enough it seems, I always have to be doing something....hell, I can't even sit and watch an entire movie all the way thru :(
    But, I will say, I have read a few of my books...just a few.
    I keep telling myself to pick up one and sit and read, but so far, me isn't listening.

4. kitchendame

kitchendame Registered Member

I used to have over a thousand books, then one day we had to move...

Now I have about 300; mostly reference and history books and cookbooks; a few are real favorites I couldn't bear to give away, some classics by Jane Austin and Poe and Tennyson. But the fiction I have a tendency to buy on sale or in paperback so I can recycle 'em out to friends and book charities.

5. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

Ohmigosh!
    That must have been hard~
    I forgot about cookbooks, I have a few of those too, but I didn't count them, they are stuffed in the kitchen somewhere, not with my other books~
    I really don't know why I have cookbooks, hell I rarely cook.
    When I was a married person I cooked every night, but not anymore, I eat out more than anything.

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Right now, I'd say I have probably around 100 books. I've read about half and every once in a while I get a new one. I'm not a huge reader, but it's definitely something I enjoy from time to time. I have more Stephen King than anything else.

7. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

I have around 400 as well. In my late teens I got really into reading, and I had a good job at the time so I went around to a TON of used book stores all over Minnesota and stocked up.

Mostly read fantasy (sword waving idiot here), and a lot of the older titles (unless they are LotR) are rare and hard to find.

8. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I probably have 25 to 30 books on my shelf right now. I read a lot but I don't bother buying them unless I really love what I'm reading. So, by just looking to my side I have the following:

A few books by John Douglas
    A collection of short stories by Alice Walker
    Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt (By far my favorite)
    The Color Purple by Alice Walker
    The Warriors by Sol Yurick (this one is extremely hard to find)
    A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
    The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things by JT LeRoy
    And a shitload of Goosebumps (Don't judge me, thats just what I grew up with, okay?)

9. wolfy

wolfy Registered Member

I believe I have about 150 or so in my possession at the moment, though I'm constantly selling/donating/sharing books I've read and constantly buying/acquiring new books, so that number can spike in either direction at any time.
    I'm very strict about which books I keep no matter what, so I've limited myself to a few book topics for which I won't let go of the books I've read. Everything else I get rid of when I'm done, and then replenish my supply with new books.
    I'd hazard a guess of about 20 books currently in my possession being ones that I'll keep.

10. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I had 20-30 of those up until just recently, then I gave them away. :lol: