How loud do you play your music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Xeilo, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I got the idea from: Teenagers worried about iPods and hearing loss still listen to loud music - study | News | News.com.au

So how loud do you play your music?

With me, I know about the hearing effects, but I still play it loud, I just love my music that much that I feel that I need it to be that loud.

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Some music just sounds better louder :D I tend to have the volume really high when I'm driving alone in my car, but I don't do it that often so I've never worried about it causing future hearing problems.

Any other time though, I wouldn't say I play music very loud. On my iPod I keep it at a reasonable volume because my earphones aren't great and I wouldn't like it if other people could hear the music because they might find it annoying. Thats in public anyways, I don't listen to my ipod when I'm at home, I just use the computer.

Oh, the only thing that kinda scares me is when I listen to music at the gym. I have it on maximum volume because with the other machine sounds and everything in there you can't hear it otherwise. and then later when I listen to it and its still on full volume, its soooo loud and I think god how did I have it so loud eariler and why didn't my eardrums burst :shocked: But thankfully I don't listen to music at the gym very often.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

It depends on the time of day. After 9pm it won't be playing very loud but before that I'll often crank up the volume. We only have one neighbour to the left of us and they're always loud so I don't really care.

4. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I can't listen to my music quietly, it's just not right and an insult.

When I'm home alone I'll whack up the boom system and lit it rip and piss the neighbours off.

Normally though I'll listen my music on my laptop and MP3 player with my headphones and the volume crancked up to maximum power.

5. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

On my iPod I play it as loud as it will go.

If I'm playing music on a stero or my laptop I'll have it at an average level so as to not annoy other people. It also depends on the time of day and what mood I'm in. The suckier the mood the louder the music.

6. Mason

Mason phawq

For my iPod, I wear earphones that block outside sounds from coming in my ears, so I have no need to have it up really loud.

With my computer, I usually have it at a reasonable volume. Soft enough to not annoy my family, and loud enough that I can hear it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It depends what else I'm doing. Usually I play my music as loud as to not hear the other sounds around me. This is really easy with earphones. I don't play it that loud to hurt my ears. If I'm riding public transport, I turn down the volume a little so people who don't want to hear my music don't need to hear it. If I'm on my usual walk (that involves crossing streets), I also turn it down for safety purposes. I'd like to hear if a car is honking or someone is calling my attention to something. If I'm just in a park, I'll play it loudly. If I'm at home and my kids are in the same room, I can play it loudly. If they're in another room, I don't play it as loud so I can still hear if they're calling me. At home (hifi not personal player), I generally play music loudly because I like to sing and dance with it. I won't do that though if it's very early in the morning or very late at night.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

If I'm only using it for background while trying to do something else, then I have it turned down low. Specifically for my iPod, I only turn it as loud as I need it to be to drown out any other noise. Pretty loud when I do my workouts, since I have to drown out machine noise and television.

9. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

I want to reach middle age and still be able to hear. My music is set to the lowest audible volume, turning it up too loud makes my ears ache.

10. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

When I'm in the car, it's up loud so I can sing but still hardly be heard. When I'm listening to my MP3 player, it's sometimes up loud, other times, just enough to hear it clearly. When I'm home alone or with just my boyfriend, we usually have the music playing pretty loud. :)