How long will it take to accept...

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Boredie, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

After stupidly taking a look at the sheep-man photo from another thread (which will probably give me nightmares for the rest of my life!) I began to wonder if/when will having sex with animals will become something of the norm that society will accept.

After all that said action doesn't harm anyone, so why not?
    Do you think society will ever accept such actions? If so how long from now do you think that will occur?
    in another decade, a century, a millennium?
    Or Never?

2. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Never. The action of having sex with animals is harmful. Animal>Human viruses are the biggest threat to mankind the risk is amplified when bodily fluids are exchanged.... plus its just weird.

Also I thought the sheep with a face is a result from nutritional imbalance during pregnancy rather than cross-species frolicking.

3. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

What of AIDS? There hasn't been any cure for that yet, has there? Yet that doesn't stop society accepting multiple sex partners (from both genders) throughout your life.
    Many things that are accepted in society these days were weird at some point in history...
    Perhaps, but it just got me thinking about the whole thing...

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Social taboo and personal feelings aside, there is no such thing as clear communications with animals meaning there is no consent and thus it is harmful. Also, as it has been pointed out with AIDS, it's not something even remotely safe.

5. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i don't think humanity will ever accept the intersection of a human with an animal. [unless the human has got mental illness].
    when you use the word "accept" you make it sound like it has started to happen or it is likely to happen and we just need time to turn it into something normal.[as if we're talking about gays or lesbians who are not something new because they've always been there since humanity existed on earth..].
    While this is a different issue.
    it's not a matter of accepting i guess, it's a matter of the fact that humans are not naturally born to accept such thing because like any other specie, they will intersect with other species that are the same and the only ones seem to be just HUMANS.
    the instinct doesn't let species intersect with other species that are not part of the family. so for as long as humans have got their brains function normally, i don't think it'll ever be accepted. BUT if the craziness happens to be accepted , then i don't think it'll be anytime soon...it'll need millenniums.

actually, actions don't need to be harmful in order to be accepted. if we accepted only actions that wouldn't harm us then it'd be really selfish of us.

the furthest humans have gone is when their animal has given oral sex. (especially girls receiving oral from their dog. )
    is this abnormal? of course but not as abnormal as when having sex with an animal because i don't ever think humans will get sexual pleasures from the animal's genital. so starting from this, i think it's in our disadvantage [let alone the fact that it's not morally/mentally/psychologically/naturally normal. ]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  6. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

The reason Aids is so dangerous in the first place is because it is not a human virus, we caught it from animals. Avian-flu, swine-flu, small pox, raebies, embola etc... are all caught from animals. It is often said in jest that HIV jumped the species barrier when a human shagged a monkey.

To answer your question, you would hope a person with Aids would not resort to casual sex, whilst an animal probably is not aware of what diseases it carries and even if it were, it is difficult for the animal to communicate and reject sexual advances on the basis of it being infected.

Of course they are, but there are also primordial ethics that will never be broken by the majority. Beastiality being one of them.

7. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

About as twice as long as it will take for society to accept gays.

8. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Never. Nor will incest ever be socially acceptable. Some taboos are universal and those are the ones that will be socially acceptable

9. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

It's a social taboo now, but incest used to not be a social taboo. How do you think MOnarchy's and Empires sometimes carried on. Through incest. It only became a taboo the last 400 years or so.

I *think* it won't happen, because of technology. The desire to have sex with an animal, if psychological, may never be broken, but lonely people will have other places to turn soon enough.

10. Susano

Susano Registered Member

*shrugs* Its legal in many European countries. Not at all socially accepted by far, but legal. Thats a kind of acceptance on some level.

Now, personally, I would love the world to go all-out utilitarian, and care more about wether people are harmed than some stupid deontological morals, but thats not gonna happen.

As for incest, there isnt even an universal definition of it! Im always amused by how freaked out Americans are by relationships between cousins - personally, I wouldnt even consider that incest. (Meaning Sui Generis is not entirely correct in that the European monarchies all inbred for 400 years. Though the Habsburg tradition of marrying uncle to niece, now that I would call incest, but that only persisted, oh, 150 years or so ;) )