How long until you are not a newbie?

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
So how long do you think you should be around the forum until you are not classes as newbie??

this is just a general question and i want to see what people think, i know there is no right answer like "oh you mus have like 200 posts and have been registered for like 2 months" or something like that. i just generally want to see what people think when they define being a newbie and not being a newbie.....

so what does everyone think?

Wade8813

Registered Member
I dunno, the term's almost meaningless. Mods are kind of worried that new people are going to be spammers. But someone could come on here and demonstrate they probably aren't going to be spammers with just a couple detailed, well thought out posts.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Heres my opinion... whether it fits the general populace I dunno... but this is how I work:

A Newbie sheds their noob-skin when you dont recognize them as a general newbie anymore.

Sounds confusing but its really not. Think of it like this, we all started from the same spot so in general we all were looked at as the same. The veteran members see tons and tons of new members pop up all the time and because of the high attrition rates on most forums including this one, it takes to much effort to commit names to memory when they dont stick around. The longer a member sticks around and contributes the more they build a name for themselves.

So The more you post medium to quality posts the more you begin to shed that noob-skin. For instance, you Nixola... I've seen around the boards often lately. You've stuck around, posted, and I believe I'm starting to get a feel as to who you are (or who you want to be) on this forum. So just keep on posting, becoming a regular isnt something only an elite group of people can be.... its such a stupid misconception that we are so inpeneterable when all it really takes is just a some time and effort from you as an individual member.

I mean hell... you've earned enough recognition for me to take the time to write this out right ;)

Buddhz

Registered Member
I think you start feeling less of a newbie the more people that join after you and when the place becomes easy to navigate and understand!

Oh and when you start to recognise posts from members before seeing their name! I think everyone has a very individual posting style.

Last edited:

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
thanks to everyone for their thoughts and contribution, i understood all your post icegoat and i thought it was a good post for this topic

Rattie- i didnt know your name turns green after 500 posts, what does that signfiy?? plus i would also feel like a big girl then too ;)

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
thanks to everyone for their thoughts and contribution, i understood all your post icegoat and i thought it was a good post for this topic

Rattie- i didnt know your name turns green after 500 posts, what does that signfiy?? plus i would also feel like a big girl then too ;)

it turns green because then you become a "Premium" member. Also opens you up to the Arcade and Premium rooms. If you pay for it you become a "VIP" member and get open to the Arcade, Premium, and VIP rooms. Also you an blog when you make the hop to VIP.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
For me it's a mix of these:

- Number of posts (easy to determine with the names getting green after 500, they're obviously not new)
- Tenure (some active members don't post a lot but they've been a long time and are more readers than posters)
- Familiarity (when I recognise the poster and his/her posting style, get used to their avatar, recall their posting history - I have a good memory for this - except of course if the poster is forum-specific poster and I don't go to that forum often...which is rare)
- Quality of contribution to GF (you may post a lot and be familiar but if your posts are low quality, you still can be a newbie to me; same goes for some people who pop in every 3 weeks or so to post a useless post in subtalk)

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
- Quality of contribution to GF (you may post a lot and be familiar but if your posts are low quality, you still can be a newbie to me; same goes for some people who pop in every 3 weeks or so to post a useless post in subtalk)
Ex?

char lim~ "Swift
kdmillz"