How long to adjust

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
How long does it take for you to Adjust yourself from writing 2008 for a whole year to now write 2009?

I had to write the date down today and as usual during the beginning of January I already fudged the year once ;). It usually takes me a good week or two before I get used to writing the new year, however I remember in School sometimes it'd take me a little longer.

So how 'bout you?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Normally it would take me about a week, but for the last couple of years, I've worked a job where we've had shipping dates 1-2 months ahead, so I've been used to writing 09 already.

BigBob

Registered Member
It also takes me a week or two. Sometimes through out the year I'll still at some point write down 2008 or 08 for something.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never make the mistake, I dont know it just comes out naturally for me. I dont remember the last time I made a mistake with the year when it changed.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I haven't had to write 2009 on anything yet, but most of the time I get it right at the start of a new year :D

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It also takes me a week or two. Sometimes through out the year I'll still at some point write down 2008 or 08 for something.
yeah I do the same thing, I remember last year some time during the summer I wrote 2003 on something. No idea why I just remember getting laughed at about it. One of those things where people get the chance to use the "quit livin in the past!" joke thats been overdone.

Bliss

Sally Twit
It usually takes me a week or two to remember but this time I've done it with no problem. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I'm reminded all around my PC at work that it's 2009. Calendars, date on phone etc.